Seems like DS is the way to go

DJ
on 7/16/10 5:34 am - Parsippany, NJ
I have been considering revision for a while and have been studying up on the procedures..
I am so sorry we had RNY's. Have you notice how many unhappy RNYers there are on this board.
I wish I could afford to do a DS.. but my insurance will not cover it WLS in any form. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/17/10 2:55 am - Bayonne, NJ
You had surgery with Dr. Garrison? How did it go? I remember hearing some not so nice stories from another doctor at St. Michael's (not a WLS surgeon).

Yes, I'm sorry I didn't have the DS first, but at the time my insurance wouldn't cover it and everyone was touting RNY as the gold standard. I see a lot of people regain, a lot wind up not being able to eat (like me) and a lot never get to goal (also like me).

DJ
on 7/18/10 11:23 am - Parsippany, NJ
Hi,
I had no issue with Dr Garrison thou since that time I have hears some of the same.
I had the surgery when wls was not his only thing.. so I think the god syndrome hadn't hit him that many of drs in the industrty suffer from . 
I was very lucky.. I had not issues and no complications..
all went well for me..
Unfortunately I lost my support immediately following my surgery and without someone to support you and help you throu this journey I think it is hard to keep on the path and then I came down with cancer and that was the end of everything for me.. the depression sent me so far off my journey I don't know how to get back.. so ever once in awhile I want to think may be I need further surgery to get me back into the loosing track since my body is unresponsive to anything i try. diet or exercise.. neither are producing any results for me.. so then I loose focus and just cry..
well someday i will find my way back and start loosing again.... I hope
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/10 12:21 am - Bayonne, NJ
Hang in there, and please don't give up. Justr try to live healthy as best you can, and maybe you can look into a revision. I know things are hard right now for so many people. :( This just adds to it.
Most Active