Revision Monday so SO NERVOUS

crteacher
on 7/10/10 10:26 am - Salem, NH
The nerves just hit me today and I am petrified. I am so nervous something is going to happen.  I am sure this is normal but it really just sucks.
Candice  Revision to RNY 7/12/10
Wife to David
Mom to Lindsay and Zackary and Lauren

KyleBeth
on 7/10/10 11:23 am - Erie, PA
Good luck!!! Mine is in 4 weeks and i'm starting to freak out a little bit.

You will do great!!!! 

Please let us know how you are doing.... I don't feel like there is a lot of follow up on this messageboard... it would be nice to change that! Let people know what they are in for so to speak when getting a revision.

Congrats! 
Lilypie - (b6LK)      Lilypie - (evIs)
Bridgett Gallow
on 7/11/10 1:00 am
I had revision to RNY 7/1/2010, I had it laproscopically, but I was up walking same day, had bad nausea the second day but home day 3. My first day home just rested and walked lightly. I was able to be off pain medicine by 4th day, driving by end of week. If I had to compare child birth and this surgery, child birth was much worse lol. I made sure I got a good naught sleep the night before, because the hospital staff will keep waking you up through the night to take your vitals.Good luck and congratulations. there is really nothing I can tell you about the nervousness because I was too. I just relaxed and prayed.

karenh1127
on 7/11/10 1:23 am - Deer Park, TX
I am nervous too!  My band to rny is Aug 3 and I have been obsessing over it.  I know it will be fine but I cant help thinking about what could happen.  I have even thought about writing letters to my sons just in case.  Dumb I know.  I am a Christian though so I truly believe that when my time is up, its up.  No matter what I am doing at the time so just pray and be relaxed and at peace knowing that I will be waiting to hear from you on the boards.  I am most worried about waking with a tube in my throat or a catheter.  Ugh!  Good luck and God's speed.  It will all be fine!  Congrats on your new life!

crteacher
on 7/11/10 8:38 am - Salem, NH
Typically when the doctor does surgery on Monday the release date is Wed...BUT my surgery isn't "scheduled" until 4pm and with both having the band out and the RNY the durgery will be a few hours.  They said 2 hours recovery room so by the time I get to a room I am guessing it is going to be at least 10.  Most seem to think due to that I will be in an extra night which frankly is fine with me. At least that way I will be monitered as far as getting dehydrated.
Candice  Revision to RNY 7/12/10
Wife to David
Mom to Lindsay and Zackary and Lauren

disneyelf10
on 7/12/10 8:24 am - Lynn, MA
Good luck to  all of you! I would like it if anyone can post or send me  message as to how you are doing after the revision. I am thinking of doing it and I go back and forth on it as the band isn't working and it's stressing me out, plus the additonal stress of the new surgery....
It's totally normal to stress out...

Sometimes I wonder if the Dr. tries to "scare" you with all the % to avoid having you pick the revision. My Dr. pretty much told me to think about and let him know, he tried to put me on the HMR - liquid diet, didn't work for me (the taste) and said they dont like to do the revisions, but I did ask point blank will you do it and he didnt say no.

Also, do you know how many revisions your dr has preformed?

thanks! And let us know how you are doing!!
terilynn112
on 7/12/10 8:45 am - maryland, NY
I know my surgeon has done like 9, and maybe more, but not one has had one single complication... well sort of. One had caffine withdrawls.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

louisianamamaof3
on 7/13/10 12:39 pm - broussard, LA
I just had my revision on the 8th and im doing....I had a Band and revised to the RNY...I have a JP drain and that is the only part that is sore for now it comes out tomorrow....YAY!!!The only thing I'm concered about is NOT getting in all my LIQUIDS that is HARD so Im hopeing I dont dehyrdate...Well good luck on all your journeys...its gonna be a GREAT one.....

charleston-mom
on 7/16/10 2:25 am
I'm so thrilled for ALL of you! I had my revision from lapband to RNY in 2007 and it was the best thing I ever did. CONGRATULATIONS! Don't be scared. It's wonderful. I lost all my weight with RNY. I wouldn't change it for the world!
Most Active