update on my band to VSG revision

Road Less Travelled
on 7/10/10 1:19 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
so I had an upper GI -- seems it's within normal range with some dilation but doc said that dilation is expected 3 yrs out.

he's going to schedule an endoscopy so see why it hurts to eat. which means an empty band when that happens.

I have my PCP letter and a letter from me and left if with the office - the Ins gal was out so I'll call her Monday.

I want them to submit it now anyway to see if I get approved - will still need to get the endoscopy still, becasue doc wants to see what's happening before he revises.

can't take the pain - don't want to wait until it's erroded, etc want this freaking band out.

stay tune,  I will post more of my revision roller coster soon

donna
terilynn112
on 7/12/10 8:36 am - maryland, NY
I'm in exactly the same place band wise. I have the upper gi well... i'm waiting on the call for when. My band is completely empty, and it still hurts to eat. But at least i can get food down again.

Please stay in touch.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Droids
on 7/17/10 10:30 pm - Washougal, WA
I had mine out a month ago because of nausea and pain. I am so happy! Doing the diet and exercise thing and lost 10 lbs in the month. I am going to revise to RNY but have to go through the insurance dance first. I feel for you both, you will be so much happier with it out. Beth

terilynn112
on 7/18/10 10:28 am - maryland, NY
If i have the band taken out, before my revision, I have to loose that 5% again. So I'm trying to do anything to keep it until I have my revision for number one, only one more surgery, number two... maintaining my weight with a non-effective band is difficult enough.

Please stay in touch.

teri

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Droids
on 7/18/10 11:15 pm - Washougal, WA
My band never worked well so I don't feel any difference except I can eat bread faster. I am on a low carb diet so that doesn't work against me. I exercise for 1 hour every day without fail. I swim and walk and I am getting my bike ready today. I love the exercise high! I will see the surgeon again in Sept or Oct, if I continue to lose weight I will put off the surgery for another 3 months. 

I hope you are doing alright. It is miserable to have band pain. Let me know how your endoscopy went. Beth

Most Active