Kaiser So Cal - revision wait?

Spiritus
on 7/8/10 10:37 pm - Hawthorne, CA

I have a question for those who know about Kaiser Permanente Southern California.  I have a LapBand and have been seriously thinking of revising to DS.  If I choose revision, do I still have to go through the OPTIONS program?  I believe that program is 12 weeks long and of course, I believe I will have to lose at least 10% of my bodyweight before I get to speak with the surgeons.  I don't know how long the waiting time is between program end, surgeon appointment and actual surgery day is for Harbor City.

Anybody have an idea?

Spiritus
on 7/29/10 1:17 pm - Hawthorne, CA

In case anybody needs the answer, it depends on the cir****tances. I have a LB and am going for an UGI this coming Monday to verify a slip. If I do have a slip or dialated pouch then I will immediately go to surgery and get a sleeve.  If not, then I will go through the 12 week Options program and then wait 6 months for a surgery date.

So if you need a virgin surgery or a non-emergency revision be prepared to wait for 2011 - if you want to proceed with Harbor City/South Bay!

Most Active