Any sucess stories with ROSE or BOB?

bena
on 7/7/10 4:30 am - Hallandale, FL
I am 11 years out from a lap RYN- I was down to 165lbs and slowly over the years find myself at 250lbs. I am researching the BOB and ROSE and would like to know if anyone here had success. and if you were not successful what failed?  I am so disappointed in myself for regaining the weight and I am looking for a second chance realizing I must face WHY I overeat in the first place. Looks like many here have had success with the DS but I do not want extensive surgery.  Many thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/10 12:55 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Rose doesn't work. Stomaphyx doesn't work. No one has ever posted a success story on here.

The band over bypass will give you restriction but no malabsorption. Some people see some results, others don't. There have been people who posted here that it worked for them.

I'd rather have the DS than have a foreign object in my body. I got rid of the permanent ring that my RNY doc put on my stoma, and I've never been happier. I no longer have reflux, I don't have to worry about puking up every little thing. Now I can eat out with friends and feel great.

Renfairewench
on 7/11/10 6:23 am
I have no information on BOB, but I will say that the ROSE and Stomaphyx procedures don't work, are a waste of time and money. Most insurance companies will not pay for them either. Hubby was looking into it for a while until I found out that our insurer (Aetna) won't approve or pay for it.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Heather D.
on 7/12/10 10:59 am - New York, NY
The DS patients all seem like marketing reps for the procedure and their own doctors. I too am looking into the much less invasive revision procedures, specifically the Rose. I have found few positive reviews, which will be part of the extensive research I do before making any decision. I am only posting this reply so that maybe the DS revision patients can see how their posts are affecting those of us doing our research. These replys seem like hard pressure to make what you view to be the only revision anyone should ever consider...the DS.
nightnurse1971
on 8/8/10 10:01 am
I am a BOB patient.  I had DS way back in 2002....lost 130lbs and regained 100 in the last couple years... I got banded 6/30/10 and i have lost 30lbs in these 5 weeks ... I don't have a lot of experience with the band yet but right now i am loving it.
Most Active