VBG to DS 17 month update... I am rocking this thang!!!

isaiah54mom
on 7/6/10 8:46 am - bartlesville, OK

i AM OFFICIALLY IN ONE-DERVILLE.......I am here to stay. 1/29/09 I weighed 354lbs and I had been saddled with a VBG that had failed me for 24 years!!!!! 24 years of foamies and barfing and no steak!!!!! How did i survive. ?It is amazing what we can get used to. 17 months later my DS revision has succeeded and I weigh 191 lbs. I have lost 163 lbs. I weigh less than what I weighed in high school.. My surgeon did a ventral hernia repair on me early this month and he chopped off a bunch of lower belly skin while he had me under. I just love him. I already had a scar from my VBG so the scar is of no consequence to me. I lost my belly button in the process but all it was to me was another place to keep clean. I checked my shopping list and "bikini" was no where to be found so I will do just fine without it. I am so Happy!!!!!

Peace MZ JOJO
WHO  her DS

HW/ SW/CW/GW
427+/427/148/150

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/10 9:34 am - Bayonne, NJ
Congrats, that's great news!!!! You're rocking it! You must feel so much better.

Getting rid of the hanging tummy skin was the best for me, so I know you must be thrilled.  Keep on rockin!
dawn4511
on 7/6/10 11:40 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
good job way to go.
skinnyin2010
on 7/6/10 3:10 pm
Congratulations!! glad to hear, I just had a rny and removed a VG band that I had no success, May 14, 2010 I had the revision and have lost 40lbs and 4 sizes, went for my second post-op appt today, so I know how you feel, I too will have to have belly fat removed, but I feel so much better already, keep up the good work..skinnyin2010
LisaAnn
on 7/15/10 4:06 pm - WA
Congratulations!!!! I had the same VBG, foamies, no meat, etc....so I KNOW what you suffered with!!! I too revised to the DS, and there is just no comparing the two!!! I too had a hernia repair and tummy tuck, so I am with you on that one too! Life is GOOD!!!

You have done amazing! Glad you can enjoy life and some meat now!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active