How much weight did you lose with your RNY Revision?

KyleBeth
on 7/7/10 12:37 pm - Erie, PA
I was wondering how much weight you lost with an RNY revision if you've had one.

Thanks!
Lilypie - (b6LK)      Lilypie - (evIs)
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/10 12:48 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Revision to an RNY or revision from an RNY?

I went from RNY to DS, I've dropped from 221 to 166.
KyleBeth
on 7/8/10 12:44 am - Erie, PA
Well I had RNY and they have to fix it so it will be the same surgery....I still need to lose 100lbs...ugh.
jillagin2000
on 7/8/10 6:37 am
I revised from Band and have lost 115lbs.  I've maintained for about 7 months and am going in for plastics this month - yay!

310/285/164/145
Highest/Surgery #1/Current/GOAL

brandlin23
on 7/8/10 10:18 am - Ft. Wainwright, AK
You will get a variety of answers to this question as everyone has different experiences with this. There are many on this board who will ask you to look into DS instead of a ERNY (which is what I think you are asking about), and I encourage you to do so!! I also encourage you to look into all your options and decide what is right for you whether it be ERNY, DS, BOB, or any others that might work for you. I am scheduled to go on Tuesday for my ERNY and this is what I chose. Although I can't tell you what I am going to loose, I can keep you posted on how I am doing if you would like. Go beyond this site and research as well as checking out other doctors. I wish I could help you more!
KyleBeth
on 7/8/10 10:32 am - Erie, PA
Keep me posted on how your doing! I'm scheduled for 8/9. I have been doing a lot of research... and I agree that DS would be best for me... however I can not afford to travel and take the time off of work to do so. I also have two small children whom I won't be able to leave very long.

I know these might not seem like good "excuses" for some... but they are my reality right now.

My revision of my RNY IS covered by insurance without going through a lengthy appeal and I only have to travel two hours away to have it done. My surgeon is rated #1 in the state and I trust him. This is my best 2nd choice and that is something i'm going to have to live with. If for some reason it's a bust then I will revisit at that point- and if this surgery makes the DS impossible.. then I have no one to blame but myself.

The truth of the matter is I need to change the entire way I think about food. I need to view it as for nutrional purpose only and have no emotional ties with it. Food will have to be viewed as engery to keep me alive and thats it. I'm too emotionally attatched to food and I overeat. Yes i'm always hungry now due to my original surgery being done incorrectly... but just because i'm always hungry- doesn't mean I should be eating all the time. I'm completely out of control with my weight.

I have decided to seek counseling to help with this and I am going to work my new surgery as much as I can. I need to get serious as this may be my last chance to get healthy and thats how i'm treating it.

My doctor said I could lose 10-50lbs+ but that will be up to me and how I CHANGE.. Surgeries are just a tool.

Hands down I think DS is best..... but this is my 2nd best option that i'm taking.

Please let me know how you do with yours!!! Congrats!! 
brandlin23
on 7/9/10 4:38 am - Ft. Wainwright, AK
Your post is so close to how I am/was. Having the surgery did not fix my brain. The biggest mistake that some doctors and insurance companies make (in my opinion) is not requiring counseling or therapy. I think instead of the "required" six month or more of dieting should really be six months of therapy!! Food is an addiction for a lot of people! I love food!! I love it just because, I love it when I am happy, sad, depressed, or whatever!! I love it! I deal with client everyday who are addicted to various substances. They can quit whatever substance they are doing totally, but we can't stop eating. So we have to learn to eat to live and not live to eat. I have been in counseling (with a person who specializes in eating disorders) for a year now, and although the behavior changes are hard and slow, I am making progress and I feel really good about changing my behaviors! I will keep you updated and you do the same!!!
M M
on 7/10/10 7:22 am
 You gained with babies - right?
KyleBeth
on 7/10/10 11:18 am - Erie, PA
I gained 7lbs with my son and then lost 39lbs after I had him. With my daughter I gained 13lbs and lost 22lbs afterwards....

My problem had nothing to do with the pregnancies... not to mention I was 3 years post op when I had my 1st child.
brendastar11
on 7/9/10 10:23 am - PITTSGROVE, NJ
Good luck,i wish you the best. I'm going to my dr.s the 22nd for my surgery date.I also am having the distal rny.please keep me updated on how your doing.

Most Active