Vitamin Supplements

fmhs1981
on 7/5/10 9:41 am - Huber Heights, OH
 Short and sweet: 6 years post op from Gastric Roux-N-Y, Wed. June 30 had a revision DS due to a RARE side effect from original surgery.  I know that I am now in malasorbtion, on top of being restricted.....I am having major difficulties with taking my 1,000 vitamins (over exagerating..hee hee, but very cranky!).  Is there a grace period that I can have before taking all of them?  I mean, I can take my chewable multi's and calcium citrates, but do I immediately need to take all the other stuff?  I am 5 days post op and its killing me....I have no interest in food or fluid because they fill me up!  Help!
Tammy
Sorry I am so short...I think I am having issues with my pain meds and they make me cranky....plus I am in menapause!  LOL
RainyDayWoman
on 7/5/10 10:37 am - Fridley, MN

Tammy, ask on the DS board too because some folks might have tips for you, but you are only a few days out of surgery, so don't stress!  I was able to swallow pills by about two weeks out.  Before that, I got in whatever chewables I could bear, after the first week or so. 

Your insides need time to heal, too.  Some people are anti-vitamin for the first couple weeks because you need fluid far more than vitamins. 

Hang in there!  It's best to take your vitamins as soon as you tolerate, but if you are just a few days out I say concentrate on sipping!

Lilypie - (SzbI)
Debbie M.
on 7/5/10 3:18 pm
just concern yourself with getting in water and walking.  You have enough reserve to get you through for awhile - if you can take the multi and calcium, you're doing great.  Wait a few more weeks before you worry about adding anything else.  It will all happen in good time.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active