Lap Band to RNY revision next week

sfsugrl27
on 7/7/10 12:00 pm - Concord, CA
Hey I just wanted to repond to your post I just got the rny and I had the lap band prior and besides being in a little uncomfortable pain I have never been more happy with my decision I am dropping the weight like crazy I went into the office at 244 and came out 250 because of all the liquid they pump u up with which is awesome because I could not drink anything the first day because I had to do a swallow test the next day and when I could drink it was a task they barely let me out of the hospital on 3rd day I just drank as much as I could right now I weight 234 so 10 lbs in a week and if you add all tha****er weight I had from the plumping they did to me I am actually looking at 16 lbs but good luck I wish you allt the luck and a sfe recovery.

Chigal70
on 7/9/10 5:44 am - Evanston, IL
WOW, add me to the list of people who could have written your post. I just made a consult appointment with a bariatric surgeon to find out about revision. I had the Lap-Band done in 2005 and lost 50 pounds in 10 months -- by pretty much throwing up everything I could eat. And then I got pregnant, too. I'm 10 pounds below my post-surgical weight and can't seem to make any headway, despite exercising and eating very little (healthy foods, mostly) -- I still have my band in and slightly loosened. So I still throw up sometimes, and still have restriction.

I thought if I failed on the band, I'd fail with GBS, but apparently routing the food away from the stomach may help. I'm at the point where it's either revision, or just screw-it-total-body-liposuction (not that I can afford that).

I am very curious to hear how things go -- will you keep us posted?

Thank you for posting your honest feelings -- I have been walking around for nearly five years feeling like a horrible failure myself; embarrassed, depressed.... and this is not how I want to live!

Wishing us all GOOD LUCK!
Most Active