Gastric Bypass Revision Surgery in Michigan

Music0723
on 7/3/10 5:58 am - Westland, MI
I had my RNY revision surgery on 6/16.  It was a revision of a failed surgery that took place in Dec 2007.   I originally did well--lost 85 pounds--but then when I started eating real food the weight loss stopped no matter what I did.   I found out that the stomach had not been made small enough because my liver was in the way.   So...that led me on a search for someone that would take my case on (many bariatric surgeons will not touch someone else's problem).  That is where I found Dr. Poplawski at Barix Clinics in Ypsilanti, Michigan.  I realized I am only 2 weeks out, but I am confident this will work.  I am surrounded by a great support group and will do my part to see this works.  I did a lot of research for this surgery (wish I would have done so for the prior surgery...I think we tend to just go to the closest hospital or recommendation from a pcp who may not have all the facts either--they just have a collegue who does bypass surgery).  All online roads and support group discussions to lead to Dr. Poplawski.  During my initial meeting with him he was down to earth and listened to my plight.  After doing an upper GI and seeing the gynormous size of the stomach he agreed something was amiss and diet and exercise alone was not going to solve this.   The entire staff at Barix Clinics in Ypsilanti are wonderful and they never make you feel like a fat outcast.  I would recommend contacting Dr. Poplawski whether for first time surgery or, like me, for a revision. 
Hi All -  I am 2 weeks out from Gastic Bypass revision surgery at Barix in Ypsilanti,Mich at Barix.  My doctor is Steven Poplawski.  This was NOT lapband over bypass, it was a complete revision of the original failed surgery I had in December 2007. I was initially nervous because everything done previously has to be disconnected and reconnected which, of course, can be much more dangerous.  But in Dr. Poplawski's hands all went fabulously. For those looking to have revision surgery or the initial Gastric Bypass surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Poplawski and Barix.  You can click on find a surgeon on the ObesityHelp website to see how many surgeries he has had. 

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about this revision surgery!

Melodie
Most Active