Revision Scheduled for 7/13

Zee Starrlite
on 7/2/10 6:26 am
I don't think that it has anything to do with "being woman enought to admit your mistakes".  The elephant in the room is that each time they cut you you get more scar tissues,  the stomach etc gets thinner and more likely to break.  Death is a very real possibility. 

There is absolutely NO health reasons why one would have to get an ERNY infact, it would be the other way around.

Few people are happy with this surgery.  It's an ugly scene.

Sorry, the DS is just a better surgery all the way around.

Better you get told now than before you are cut again.  After all, there are but so many times you can have WLS.

I do however wish you well

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

huth7226
on 6/30/10 4:05 pm
Good luck to you!!  You will do just fine, I know where you are coming from about being so excited about the first surgery and now scared!!  I have a 4 year old and children put the fear in you, you have to be health and here for them!! 
I applaud you for your statement,  I quit posting because of the DS pushers.  There are choices and the choices are for us and our surgeons to decide.  What is right for one person is not for the next.  Don't second guess your decsion, you know your body and you will do an awesome job at getting the extra weight off!
Once again, good luck and prove them all wrong!
brandlin23
on 6/30/10 6:41 pm - Ft. Wainwright, AK
I am glad I am not the only one scared!! lol I adore my daughter, and although I don't have a ton to lose, it is just enough that it zaps my energy and I really want to have more energy to do a variety of things with her! 
Also, thank you for understanding my post. I truly am a very tolerant person when it comes to other peoples opinions, but I also would like to think I could get the same respect back. I truly appreaciate everyone's stories, but in the end, I must do what is best for me. Thank you for understanding my position! And....I will prove everyone wrong!!! lol and hell if I am wrong, I will admitt it later, but for now I am fully dedicated to my decision and have 100% faith in it!! :)
JRinAZ
on 7/1/10 2:12 am - Layton, UT
My antennae goes up when I see ERNY!  I'm not a normal DS'er who is pushing that surgery as the end all answer for everyone.  I am someone who has had 2 1/2 miserable years of experience with the surgery your are committed to moving forward with!  (ERNY) I KNOW the possible complications.  I lived them!  .....  Check out the thread where the desperate peep is asking for any possible help for her body odor!  ....  Go to the grad site on yahoo and read of those who are suffering with malnutrition because of their ERNY!  ....  Or those who went through with this drastic surgery; only to lose a few pounds, in spite of their complications. 

I so wish i had been more open minded.  ....  My kids had to watch me suffer, have barely enough energy to make it through some days, and finally have to go through another VERY high risk surgery to correct the butcher job of the ERny.

I am passionate.  I apologize if that offends you.  ....  I sincerely wish you the best and hope that you are the exception and that you lose what you need/want and still maintain good health!!!

Be well,

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Road Less Travelled
on 7/1/10 7:53 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
keep me posted or email me off-line ([email protected])

I want to keep in touch and hear how great you are doing - and when you are chaceing your little one off the soccer field because she's going to miss her ballet class and your skinny jeans are now too big - I want to hear those NSV's too :-)

best of luck!

donna
mtowngirl
on 7/1/10 10:49 am - Indianapolis, IN
I to am scared with this second surgery.  When I had my lapband surgery 3 years ago, I had no scary thoughts, I was very comfortable with my choice.  Now 3 years later, I am schedule for RNY on August 11.  I am nervous, I think we are more nervous this time around because we did alot of research to make our first choices.  We never thought that it wouldn't succeed for us.  But I am excited about getting my revision, just nervous about another surgery.

Good luck to you and please post how your doing afterward.  We are here to support you. 

Starting 237.5/Surgery day 218.8/Goal 141

Lap Band Tracking

Most Active