DS Revision

cpinck
on 7/1/10 5:42 am - Henderson, KY

Hi all,

Ok I have posted several times asking questions about 1 doctor or another that does a revision from the RNY to the DS.  Some folks might think I am flipped because I can’t seem to make up my mind.  Well that’s just because this is something MAJOR and I already made one mistake with my first surgery and don’t want to make another one.  I have decided to go to Dr. Elariny in Virginia.  That’s 12 hours away from me but I hear from several sources that it will be well worth it.  Hopefully next month I will be going for my first appointment.  I tried for this month, but with it being so far away, it’s tough for my husband and I to get away from work. I work in Accounting and have month end closing and, if I don’t show up for that, I better be dead.  My husband is a courier and he has to get “permission" from his boss first.

Anyway, I am going to be posting this to a few boards where hopefully I will get good response.  This is JUST for those that have had the revision from an RNY to a DS.  How was your TOTAL experience?  Your hospital stay (did you have any complications, etc…?), your pre op and post op experiences, and how have you done with the weight loss?  I lost 95 lbs. with my first surgery after 6 months but then it stopped and I have gained most of it back.  L  One thing that I am concerned about is that I have turned into a carb junkie.  Big no no I know!  I am trying to control that before the surgery.  Any suggestions on that as well?

Thanks,

Cherri

Debbie M.
on 7/1/10 12:15 pm
Hi Cherri,

Why don't you read my profile, hopefully it will help you.  I had an RNY-DS revision in February.

Thanks,
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

cpinck
on 7/2/10 3:06 am - Henderson, KY
Debbie,

It sounds like you are doing great!  Congrats!  Did you have to eat VERY little and exercise like a mad cow to lose all of that or was it a little easier?  I just be glad when this is over with and I start losing again!

Cherri
Debbie M.
on 7/3/10 2:09 pm
Hi Cherri,
Some days I eat 5-6 times a day, sometimes 2-3, one day I can't get enough food in, the next the site of it makes me want to gag. I rarely eat carbs or sugar and the weight has been coming off quite well, I was worried about that.   I do work out which I'm sure is helping.
And yes, I know how you feel, you will feel so much better once the weight starts coming off.
Best of luck,
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

cpinck
on 7/3/10 11:53 pm - Henderson, KY
You rarely ea carbs??  How do you do that?  I, unfortunately, turned into a carb junkie and I'm very worried about that.  It seems like everything I touch is loaded with carbs.  I eat alot of lean cuisines for lunch and they have tons of carbs in them to be a so called "diet" food.  :(
dawn4511
on 7/1/10 12:18 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Congradulations on making a decision, your right it is a huge decision. It seems I'm in the same boat so I'm glad you asked those questions.

Good luck with everything.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

ronda-k
on 7/4/10 12:53 am
 It sounds like you are doing your home work and that's great!  It also sounds like you have learned from your mistakes and are ready to mooovvveeee on!!
My suggestion would be to read as many DS revision blogs and be sure in your heart and gut that you are ready to move on.  It's so easy to fall back on our mistakes and to my thinking I only have one more surgery left and I will do ANYTHING to succeed at it!!  
God Bless on your journey my friend!
Ronda-SURVIVOR

starting wt-320
pre op-312
current-
Most Active