Rose Procedure

tamerg
on 7/1/10 5:02 am - Marlboro Township, NJ
Anyone have the Rose procedure?  I had it done last night and was up all night throwing up and was wondering if anyone else had that happen.

I have called the doctor and awaiting a response.

Thank you.
StacysMom
on 7/1/10 7:27 pm
 When the  clinical trials were being performed in 2008, many people posted about the ROSE procedure.   Unfortunately, there were no success stories.  There were no successes with Stomaphyx either, which was done even earlier ... in 2007.  I hope you are the first.   Please let everyone know if you are able to keep any weight off, long term.

I hope the vomiting subsides.   It sounds like your surgeon made you good and tight, though.    Maybe it will work for you.

If this procedure works for just one person, maybe there's hope it will work for more.   So far, however, the news is not good.
(deactivated member)
on 7/5/10 2:47 am - United Kingdom
Stacy,

I have not heard good things about the Rose Procedure.  I have talked to several gastric by pass surgeons and they say that the verdict is still out.  I know four people that have had the procedure and it worked very short term.  What bother's me is that I know there are surgeons out there that are capitalizing on fears of people in the bariatric community that have regained weight and pushing the surgery as the cure all and it isn't.

Sumr02
on 7/3/10 11:55 am
I had the Rose procedure done in October. I too was made really tight and it felt like when I first had my RNY. Sorry to say it did not last. Follow up endoscopy showed stoma was opened back up. I have never met anyone this or stomaphyx has worked for.I'm sorry I even had it done as my ins. counts this as a weight loss procedure and I'm having a hard time getting them to approve DS. I truly hope it does work for you please keep us posted.Best of luck!
myspanisheyes
on 7/22/18 2:04 pm - TX

How long were you on the purée stage. I'm 8 days out from the Rose procedure and can't seem to eat solids. If I do I can hold two or three small bits...chewed very very well!

StacysMom
on 7/3/10 3:46 pm
 Thanks for posting about your experiences with the ROSE.   Your words may stop someone else from making the same mistake.  

The worst aspect if it, when it fails, is that if the surgeon bills it to the insurance company as a "revision", the insurance company won't want to pay for yet ANOTHER revision a short time later.   

It's important to really research and pick what is gonna work and not be swayed by what some doctor says is his easy non-surgical fix!
tamerg
on 7/5/10 12:35 am - Marlboro Township, NJ
5 days out of the Rose.  I feel pretty good.  Vomtting was a first night issue, Doctor said its normal from the blood that acculated in the pouch.  Sore throat is gone, when they tell you, you might have a sore throat, there is no might.  Your throat is very sore, felt like a rock was stuck in there for 3 days. 

Another thing that was not really pointed out by doctor pre-opp, was the amout of gas pressure you would feel.  It feel like there was an elephant sitting on my chest.  Luckily for everyone arround, most of the gas expels orally and Gas-X strips helped a little.

On to the good news, my doctor told me he makes the stoma very tight, almost to the point where he can't see light pass through and he feels I should do well with the proceedure.  I havee been able to go on long walks since Friday for exercise. (Side Note, I brought Sketcher Shape Ups and they are soo comfortable on the walks)  So far, I am down 14 lbs, I am sure most of it is water weight and I am finally starting to get my liquids and protein shakes down.  

I will be happy to keep you all posted on my events with the Rose Procedure, it you want, since I really didn't notice a section for ROSE patients. 
StacysMom
on 7/5/10 7:18 pm
 Thank you for offering to post about your experiences!   I, for one, would love to hear about a success with this procedure.  I have only heard of failures.  

So many people come on here, all excited about the ROSE that they've just gotten.   They post for a few weeks or months, then they either say that it failed or they disappear completely with no info.   I would imagine if it was a success, that they would want to shout it from the rooftops and share the good news.   Please don't disappear -- let everyone know what happened ....

Keeping fingers & toes crossed for you!
bena
on 7/6/10 6:46 am - Hallandale, FL
I am also considering the ROSE  I had a gastric bypass in 1999 and regained 75% of my weight.  Has anyone had lap band after gastric bypass?
labuttr
on 7/18/13 2:12 am - Mattoon, IL

I had the lap band and then revised to Gatric Bypass. I had a very bad experience with the band. I choked when laying down did not matter how lose or how tight the band was. after 3 years of being sick I ended up with a slipped stomach over the band. As for weight loss, lost 50 pounds in one year and could not lose after because I could not have my band tightened due to choking. I was self pay for the band and the gastric bypass. The band is really time consuming - and each visit was 100.00 and sometimes I went two times a week for adjustments.

I'm 4 years out now from my bypass and have put on 50 pounds.... I would like to have something else done, but it looks like the ROSE procedure is out, since the reviews are a low success rate.

LM

Most Active