Revision advice

latinliving
on 6/30/10 6:46 am - Riverside, CA
I want to do a revision on my gastric but don't have a clue on how to get  started.  Does anyone know?  I lost 100 about 3 years ago and didn't go any further. 
Monique H.
on 6/30/10 7:07 am
First thing is make sure you do your research on what you want to revise to. Next if your original surgeon does this type of revision maybe schedule a visit. If not go to your pcp and request a referral to a SKILLED surgeon who does that type of revision. Without having much info as to what happened with your first surgery it's hard for me to make suggestions. I can't testify about a test that I haven't taken, but I can say that I was revised once and am trying to be revised again to the ds. If I'm approved I will then be able to speak from experience to how great it is. Until then I can only go off of what I've read online and what the surgeon has explained to me.

The reason I'm saying it like that is because I jumped on the distal / extended rny wagon and didn't fight for ds and eating 800-1000 calories a day give or take a few and being in the gym 1.5-2 hrs 4-6 days a week I only have 36lbs lost to show for it. Now I refuse to give anyone advice on what they should get, but I can say do your homework and find out what it takes to be successful with each revision. Then pick what you feel is best for you. Then I would see if you can find testimonials from people who have had the same revision years ago up until now and check out the success rate of that type of revision.

Good luck to you.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Debbie M.
on 6/30/10 9:10 am
I had an RNY in 2002 - lost a ton of weight and gained every ounce back.  First thing I realized is I needed to revise and it wasn't going to be another RNY.  So long story short I did my research and decided on a DS (see www.dsfacts.com for starters).  There is an excellent revision surgeon near you named Dr. Ara Keshishian, he's one of the best in the country.  I had a consultation with his office and made my final decision.  I had my surgery in February, i feel great and have lost 100lbs.
Do your research, it's a lot to think about.
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active