Hi all; have appt. with original surgeon on July 28th...

kbush
on 6/26/10 4:56 am - richmond, VA

I went to my pcp Wed; said they would send referral to surgeons at MCV; may take awhile; so I contacted my orig. surgeon's office; Dr. Hutcher; have appt. on July 28th to discuss what to do. Note; had rny 3/2005; lost 100 have gained 40 back; office said they have alot more to offer me to get back on track; I will keep all informed and any advice/help from anyone whose had rny and had something else done and is successful; take care all and God bless.

shele
on 6/26/10 7:18 am

I advise you to try to do alot of research on all the available revisions.  I do know all the rose, stomaphyx,and restore procedures have not had good results. Some have had success with revising to distal rny , but most have not, including myself. 

I would also go on all the boards, and see what all the various surgery types eat, and the complications, which all have. 

Try to find the best surgery with the best long term results.

Go in prepared! and Best of luck!!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

~JoZo MaOl~
on 6/27/10 12:04 am - GA

I would suggest researching all possible revision surgery types. Then choose a surgeon who does what will work best for you. Not all surgeons do all revisions. This is surgery #2 for you and you don't want to have to have #3, so make this decision count. Great start by asking for feedback here. I would also ask this question on the different surgery forums.

I have not had a revision and am partial to my procedure. So I will recommend www.dsfacts.com.

Take care and good luck in your research

Most Active