PCP in Tampa Bay area anyone??

stillhopefull
on 6/23/10 10:28 pm
Went to see my PCP yesterday.  I always see his ARNP since I can get in to see her quickly and never meet my PCP.  I know stupid but that is how it is.  Anyway, I wanted to make sure he was on the same page as me with the DS.  First, he threw away the information mailed to him from my surgeon.  Stated no one in this area does that surgery so why read about it and if I get that surgery who do I think will take care of me?  I told him YOU and wanted to follow it up with mother ******!!  Sorry about the language it comes out of me when I get mad.  Anyhow, he wanted to know why I though this surgery would work over they RNY I already have.  I started to explain when I got cut off and was told if I couldn't keep the weight off with RNY I would never get the weight off with revision.  Once a fat person pretty much always a fat person.  Wanted to know if I eat now like I will when I get the revision.  I told him no, if I ate the fat content now that I can as a DS person I would have high cholesterol.  Looked at me like I had 3 eyes.  I knew it was a loosing battle with him.  His body language and comments said it all.  He said if I develop a fistula I better be ready to fly to what ever state my surgeon was in to be taken care of because no surgeon in Tampa would touch me.  So I better not develop a leak or a fistula.  Now he has me thinking; what if he is right?  Would they just let me die?  He also stated he NEVER heard of anyone flying out of state to have bariatric surgery.  Started to explain why when I got the eye roll so I stopped.

I have had so much going on in my life this last month I just can't express my feelings.  But this took the cake.  He did agree to order the labs I requested which are the ones you have drawn every 3 months.  I just wanted to see where I stood before surgery so I can start working on getting them to where they need to be prior to surgery.    He added some to the vits and iron, etc.  A1C so I got the on the way to diabetes and a thyroid panel.  Wants to see me back in 3 months.  Yeah right!!

Anyway, is there anyone who can recommend a PCP who will try to work with me and the DS?  Doesn't have to be in Tampa will travel to surrounding area.  Didn't mean to make so long sorry.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Terry   
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Most Active