Slow Loss, Is This Normal

shele
on 6/23/10 5:56 am

I revised from the rny to erny, more malasorption.  I have a 120 common channel.  Revisions do tend to lose much slower.  I am not saying all, but I know alot are.

I stopped losing some time ago, I have lost 50 , I was a year out in March.

I am seeking a revision to ds, I have lots of issues that I hope will be resolved by doing this.

Hang in there, and make sure you stick to basics...like when you were first rny.. afraid to test the waters, of I am afraid you will not have the success you are looking for.

Good luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

MsKarisma
on 6/23/10 6:02 am - Detroit, MI
thanks shele

will go back to the basics
lizzyliz1
on 6/25/10 5:48 am

Im also in the process of trying to get a revision. I've had a slow weight loss since the beginning well actually after 3 months post op. Come 8-9 months I stopped losing and so far since surgery I've lost about 50 lbs. I'm thinking of going from RNY to DS. I still have comorbitidies so hopefully that will help in my approval process with my insurance. I never got rid of my diabetes or hbp. I still take medication for both everyday. The only thing is my bmi is @ 32.5 which is obese but the dr I want to see seems a little iffy on patients with a lower bmi. Lets see what happens I need to schedule an appt with him and see what he recommends. I also want to look into a panni maybe that will make me feel better about myself. He also does that so Im gonna see which one he recommends for me?

GOD DOES NOT  GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE.

HEIGHT 4'11"  Age 32  HW(201)   PSW(195)  CW(146)  1st GW(120) 2nd GW (110)
shele
on 6/25/10 6:15 am

Hey, I am sorry it's not working for you, that is so hard.

Make sure you research and find out which surgery has the best stats for helping diabetes!  Don't settle for less than that!

I hope you can get this fixed!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

chelle614
on 6/24/10 12:57 am - Chester, NY
I has RNY on 4/14, revision from lapband. I have lost a whopping 10 lbs. How much total do you have to lose? I was told the less you have to lose, the longer it takes. But try to avoid candy, sweets and soda, they are the devil. I too was anxious to know if I dump (I don't, unfortunaltely) but that is not beneficial to know for me, lol. I did ask the doctor if I can take ALI (fat blocker pills) and he said yes. So if I am eating chili or some sort of beef, I take one. Hopefully that will help.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

MsKarisma
on 6/24/10 1:27 am - Detroit, MI
Chelle I have 40 to lose. So I am not sure if this is considered a little or alot.
I have added adipex(phentermine) to my regimen in an effort to assit me. I have been a little nervous about ALLI due to something that I saw on television some time ago but I am encouraged to know that these are okay for us to take.

Thanks for the information. I dont feel so alone now!
chelle614
on 6/24/10 1:37 am - Chester, NY
Hi again. I have tried all that energy-boosting stuff in the past and found it only made me hyper and jittery. I like Ali, don't take it much, but it is the half strength of the prescription fat blocker Xenical. Xenical blocks 50% of the fat you eat, and Ali 25%. But it only helps if you are eating something fatty (which unfortunately sometimes are the best sources of protien). Try to stay away from carbs, make sure you are taking a B-complex (natural engergy booster) and especially a B-12 sublingual. Good luck and feel free to commiserate with me anytime :)

It's a boy!

Zee Starrlite
on 6/25/10 12:49 am
Hi Chelle!

When I saw your reply post, I said Oh crap,  10lbs with RNY 2.5 months post-op.  Then I saw your pics - you're a feather weight girl!!!  Your body is is control and doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing.  You will definitely  lose more weight slowly.  When we have a prior WLS, we are already used to not eating so much so adding malabsorbtion doesn't make a huge difference.  They say the restriction helps you to lose and the malabsorbtion helps you to maintain. I bet too that you have a "milder" bypass.

Best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

chelle614
on 6/25/10 1:11 am - Chester, NY
Lol, thanks Lelia,
When I barged in to my surgeons office last week demanding to know what he did wrong (lol) he said I was bypassed 100cm. The minimum is 150 cm and the max is 75, I believe. So I though he did a milder bypass too but I did get a copy of my OR report, and saw he was telling me the truth. I was ready to insist he cut me open right then to take the extra CM's out. Hell, 4th, 5th surgery, who's keeping track anymore :(
My wedding pics were taken last Oct, I was about 150. Since then I had a total emptying of the band in January, and put on 35 lbs (damn empty bands). So now I still have to lose another 20 for me to ba happy. The pic in my avatar is me at about 175. I have a pile of size 6 summer clothes I am just drooling over but am not getting into them anythime soon. Oh well. Honestly, I am glad I cannot eat without barfing. I feel much healthier though, even with this extra 20 lbs.

It's a boy!

Zee Starrlite
on 6/25/10 12:53 am
Good Luck Karisma!

You will achieve your weight-loss goals, just stick to taking your supplements, eating healthy and exercising.  You have the added built in tool to help you.

Blessings,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active