3rd Revision ? - Body odor issues- Ideas for good revision surgeon in MI

lwillis22
on 6/23/10 10:11 am

I have had lots of issues with body odor problems.  I had a RNY in 2003 and in 2009 had the intestinal portion of the DS.  My wt loss since then has been slower as they did not do anything with my pouch.  Since the last surgery I have had a body odor problem which I have not been able to get rid of.  It is temporarly gone when on Flagyl but then comes back when off antibiotic.  My surgeon will not do anything with my pouch.  Does anybody have an idea for a good revision surgeon in MI.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lori

shele
on 6/23/10 8:38 pm

I  don't know any in Mi.   They are hard to come by. I too am seeking a revision from erny due to hypoglycemia, and some other problems.  I think my revision surgeon is going to revise me to a ds after a few tests to see what is going on.

I do know that dr. Keshishian In Ca does revisions and is well thought of.  I have all the info from them if this doesn't fly with my surgeon.  He just has a program fee and I would have travel cost, But I won't stop until I get these issues resolved.

http://www.dssurgery.com/faq.php#preop

You can contact them through their web site and they will verify your ins coverage and call you.

I hope you get something done!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

lwillis22
on 6/24/10 11:10 am
Hi shele,
  Thanks for the post.  Do you mind me asking what other problems you were having?

shele
on 6/24/10 10:07 pm

I cant eat dense protein, my stomach burns, sometimes waking me in the night despite being on Nexium.  I have hypogglycemia.  My food empties out of my pouch very quickly, I can be stuffed, and 15 minutes later I "can" - but don't eat again.

If I have any type of carbs(not simple), such as potatoes, milk, corn,  I get so sleepy that I feel compelled to lie down, and if I do... I go into a really deep sleep, then wake up with an overwhelming desire to eat.

My D level is low, and the pth is high, indicating that my calcium is too low, and causing my body to get the calcium it needs from my bones( I hope I said all that right, this is new to me and I am still learning about it)  I already take the dry d, and have upped my calcium.  Now I have to say that I did not take my viatmins +right+  I did miss some doses-days.  The only excuse I have for that is that I had a lot of trouble healing, and it seemed when I would take the vits I would feel sick at my tummy.   I would get off schedule then. 

I also have pain around my left mid-section, I believe it is a hernia.  i guess it shows I have a small umbilical one.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

MsKarisma
on 6/29/10 5:50 am - Detroit, MI
Try Dr Kerry Kole with St Johns Weigh Loss in Madison Heights. He is excellent with all forms of revision
Jennifer D.
on 7/1/10 8:15 pm
Thats where I was approved to go. Is he still there? I read that only Dr. Hares did DS. Which type of revision did you have?
                                      Jennifer
          Thank you Cheri and Holly!
       Think twice, cut once! I've had 3 surgeries now, RNY, VSG and DS .
                                Ask me about the DS or visit dsfacts.com
2002 - RNY
2010 - RNY to VSG
2011 - Full DS-August 24th
                HW 311   SW 306  CW 235  GW 150
Michelle H.
on 6/24/10 6:03 am - Canada
I would check out Dr Rabkin, and Dr Keshishian as well as Dr Greenbaum (however he is not taking new revision patients until next year) The revision is a very complicated operation and you want only the best surgeon working on you. Good luck and I really hope that you get your problems solved. I have thought of you often and wondered how you are doing.
Michelle
My is Debbie M.......I am to lo24 (Louisa)
RNY 338- 185.  Regain to SW260 CW 236 GW 150ish?

lwillis22
on 6/24/10 11:08 am
Thanks so much. Yeh, the smell is still there so I am getting pretty down about it all.  Thanks for the doctors names I am going to contact them.

pokerchips
on 6/27/10 4:38 am
See if you can find a surgeon in your area that will place a band or mesh around your pouch.  No suggestions for the odor

Change is a Process Not an Event

lwillis22
on 6/27/10 4:46 am
Do you mean a lap band?  Not sure what you mean by mesh?

Most Active