Saw Doc today about Revision

StacysMom
on 7/1/10 7:34 pm
On July 1, 2010 at 9:29 AM Pacific Time, Heather D. wrote:
I have been looking into revision surgeries also and I have to say that I am seeing so many posts on here that sound like pressure to have the DS. I am much more leaning towards the ROSE procedure. I understand that there is not a lot of positive reaction to that on these boards, but I have not ruled anything out.

Since you are leaning toward the ROSE procedure, please go back into these revision boards to the 2008 year and read about the clinical trials.    Many, many people had this procedure and NONE were successful with it.   Everyone who took the time to post with both the ROSE and Stomaphyx procedures failed with it and had to go on to a full revision.   They were $7000-$9000 lighter, of course and were still paying off their minimally invasive procedure (these were not covered by insurance then) while trying to get approved for a full revision.   Please know that many doctors were sold the instruments for these endoscopic procedures and are now looking for patients to perform the surgery on so they can get back their initial investment.   In order to get the training, the docs have to agree to purchase a certain amount of the surgical supplies from the companies which developed the procedure.  It's all about the $$$.

Some people have found success with BOB (Band Over Bypass), so you may want to investigate that as a revision option, depending on how much you have to lose.
Most Active