Lap band to RNY Questions Please help

sfsugrl27
on 6/24/10 7:35 pm - Concord, CA
So when is your surgery? Everything is going to be fine I have to keep telling myself that it's just really scary but it helps to talk about it though I have been getting calmer and calmer by the day now that my surgery date is approaching i pushed it back 2 times because of a sprained ankle and then I got sick I was like forget that I am having bad feelings about the surgery dates so now I feel more comfortable with my date and the surgery I know know it will be more complicated because of all the scar tissue and the fact that we had that band on our bellys but i am confident in my surgeon so hopefully( fingers crossed) evrything will be okay. I just want to wish you all the luck with your surgery and I know you will be much happier after you get it done I here that from everyone but K.I.T and I will add you to friends so if I have surgery before you I can fill you in with all the details.
(deactivated member)
on 6/24/10 12:21 pm - NJ
I was banded exactly 2 years ago today.  I had it removed because of reflux in March 2009, and had RNY in April 2009.  My surgeon removed a ton of scar tissue along with the band too.

I am sorry I didn't do it in the first place.  I prefer the "re-routed" thing over the foreign object that I could feel under my skin any day.  You can't feel the RNY and it works from day one, no more effin' around with the "sweet spot" crap.

Look at my profile, I have more info there.

Don't worry about it - it will be the best thing you do for yourself!

sfsugrl27
on 6/24/10 7:30 pm - Concord, CA
thanks for posting that info really did help and I agree that "sweet spot" was so annoying everyone kept saying oh that got it they got it they were loseing weight and I never did I had to just work out like a mad woman in the gym and starve myself which I could have done with out that band. I am super excited my surgery date is right around the corner if you dont mind can I add you as a friend so I can K.I.T for after words lot's and lot's of questions probably just day to daty life with rny nothing to major
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/10 9:11 am - NJ
YES - I could have starved myself without the band too.  And remember - you will lose slower than a virgin RNY'er will, as you are a revision.  

I sent you a friends request - if you have any questions, please ask!  I am so glad to be able to help!
tmjuarez
on 6/25/10 3:41 am - Arlington, TX
Hi, I had the revision from Lap-band to RNY...I have been totally happy with my decision. Like you, I had severe reflux acid and regurgitation, I also had a hernia and band slippage.

Good luck in your quest to find the surgery right for you.

~Teresa

Kaz 3112
on 6/27/10 3:19 pm
I also had my band out after 2 years. I lost weight for about 9 months, but kept getting gastritis. I got to the point that I couldn't even keep water down some days.

My insurance have said they will pay for RNY and I am just waiting for my surgeons office to refer me to the Nutritionalist and the Psych.  I am worried too as I have a 20 month old son and dependant husband who cannot afford to lose me. It terrifies me that my sweet baby boy could lose his Mommy, but he will lose me early if I keep at this weight with these co-morbidities anyway.

I will send you a friend request and keep in touch!!

Karren

Most Active