weight loss rate

sweetchef
on 6/21/10 4:45 am - West warwick, RI
 Hi all! i had a revision on 4/28.  a couple of complications and now smooth sailing.  Just wondering if anyone knew an average weekly loss for a revision.  I have lost 50lbs.  Just about 5 lbs a week.  Does this seem slow to anyone? On target? My doc said it could be slow.  I just remember having my first surgery and the weight just melting away.  Thanks guys. I could use some baselines.
sosoclark
on 6/21/10 5:33 am - Sacramento, CA
I am still waiting to have my revision so my answer will be purly based on research. I have been watching a lot of people lose after a revision and for the most part you seem to be ahead of the game. I watch some who are considered light weights take up to six months to lose what you have lost so I would say your right on track if not ahead.

Sophia
sweetchef
on 6/21/10 9:38 am - West warwick, RI
 Well! Thats the best news i've heard in a while! i was worried I was doing something wrong.  Thanks and best of luck! Let me know how you make out. 
Debbie M.
on 6/21/10 12:20 pm
I had my revision on 2/17 and have lost almost 100lbs.  I couldn't be happier with how fast it's coming off.  What's interesting though is I lose a chunk then stop, lose a chunk then stop.  It's ok, I'll take it anyway it comes.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

MsKarisma
on 6/23/10 12:42 am - Detroit, MI

OMG I am so encouraged by your post.  I had surgery 04/19 and my wieght loss has been slow. I have not been "over eating" however I am not experiencieng rapid or much weight loss at all. I think I am down 15 lbs since surgery. I may lose a lb a week if I am lucky. My dietician and I are not sure as to why this is happening.

Can you offer any help or suggestions? What proteins are you using? Do you have a strict exercise regimen?

Most Active