Help; had rny in 2005; have gained some weight back......

kbush
on 6/17/10 10:42 am - richmond, VA
I want to have a revision surgery; goin to my pcp next week to discuss; any recommendations on what I should do? I appreciate your help
toddmaye
on 6/17/10 11:32 am - KINSTON, NC
i'm planning on having revision surgery also. My plan is to get the Band over Bypass..........I'm going through the process right now and my doc has made me go back to the psychiatrist, nutritionist, cxr, ekg, sleep study, upper gi, and lab work. Good luck
gigi _
on 6/17/10 1:40 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
angelam8975
on 6/17/10 2:02 pm
I have the same problem ..I lost 150 lbs and have put back 45 lbs. I am having problems with an infection in my stomach , didn't get to discuss it with my doctor yet my appointment is in 1week .He just gave me meds to take he did a biospy and it was not cancer, but an infection.. not sure how one gets an infection but will find out from my dr. would like to have a rivision not sure what is available and if my insurence will pay, they paid for my gastric .
kbush
on 6/19/10 11:26 am - richmond, VA
Take care and keep me posted on what you decide to do; God bless.

Kathy

Angela B.
on 6/18/10 3:21 am - Atlantic, IA

I am also having similiar problems.  I had my RNY in July of 2005.  I have lost a total of 150 pounds, I went from 320 to to 170 after my TT.  I am now at 205.  I am having nausea and vomitting with various things, that make no sense.  One day I can hold them down, the next the come back up.  They have ran an Upper GI, which doesn't show a fistula or anything like that.  I had a scoping and there is some weird webbing in my stoma, which if they cut it out, I won't have any restriction into my bowels.  One Monday I go in for a bariatric study where you have to eat radioactive eggs and drink radioactive liquid to see how fast things are moving through the pouch and intestines.  (Has anyone had this procedure done?)  They want to check and see if I have the Candy Cane Roux Syndrome going on.  I would love to revise and lose the weight I have gained back, I never actual made it to goal. I'm 5'2" so kind of short and needed to be atleast at 150 to 130, to be considered normal weight.  I was okay with 170 though.  I have Dr. McBride in Omaha, Nebraska for my surgeon.  I love her to peices, but she really doesn't want to operate again.  I'm keeping a food journal and have blue cross of Iowa.  Not sure what she's thinking, hopefully I will know more after this study.  Would like to go to the DS, but not sure she would even consider it and I'm really scared to switch surgeons.  I haven't been on here in a while, but needed to bounce some ideas off of experience WLS patients. 

Angie
kbush
on 6/19/10 11:22 am - richmond, VA
It sounds like u r going through alot; I wish you the best and u r in my prayers; please let me know what happens; take care.
Kathy

Kerry J.
on 6/21/10 9:50 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Angie,

There are very few surgeons (maybe 6 or so in the US) who are skilled enough to revise a RNY to DS, it's a very difficult surgery. Your surgeon would not be a good choice for this even if she agreed to try it, this is not something for a beginner to try on you. However, you are in luck in that one of the few surgeon who can do RNY to DS revisions; Dr. Anthone is in Omaha. Here's his contact information:

Gary Anthone, MD, FACS
Email: [email protected]
Methodist Physicians Clinic
8111 West Dodge Rd., Suite 220
Omaha, NE 68114
Phone: 402-354-1320
Fax: 402-354-5965

You really should contact Dr. Anthone and consult with him about your situation; he was my second choice after Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco. I went with Dr. Rabkin for my revision to DS, but Dr. Anthone is right there with Rabkin in terms of experience and skill; he's awesome.

Kerry

heathercross
on 6/20/10 8:29 am - New York, NY
I had an RNY in 2002. I was 305, got to 175 after PS and was at 189 (size 10) from 2002-2007.  In the last 3 yrs, I've put back on close to 50 lbs.  I'm starting to think about having a Lap Band.  I don't want a revision bc I know they are very risky.

What are you considering doing?
kbush
on 6/20/10 10:56 pm - richmond, VA
I'm researching everything right now and am going to discuss with my pcp this week and see what she says. I was thinking about the ds; but that is a major deal. I've been researching more about the band; keep me posted on what you're doing. Take care.

Most Active