Dr. Philippe J. Quilici

(deactivated member)
on 6/13/10 2:17 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
Hello my name is Lisa and my daughter Nakita is on her 2ND Crap Band and we are looking into a revision to the sleeve. This is the doctor I just received a referral for for her to see.

Have any of you been sleeved by this surgeon?  Dr. Philippe J. Quilici
StacysMom
on 6/14/10 6:19 pm
 You will probably get more responses if you ask this on either the sleeve board or the California board.   I personally have never heard of him.  But I am no expert.   The majority of doctors talked about on this revision board are those who do the more complicated revisions, like from RNY to ERNY or DS.

Also, beware that a lot of surgeons are jumping on the sleeve bandwagon because of all the problems with lapband follow-up.   They don't have all THAT much experience doing sleeves.   Be sure and do your own research.   Did you know that there are different sizes that the sleeve can be made?   It depends on the size "bougie" that the surgeon uses when he's forming the sleeve stomach.   Research this so that you can ask intelligent questions of the surgeon and then research the answers he gives you.
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/10 1:17 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me,

I actually did post this to those forums and a few more. Another poster mentioned the sleeve size too, so I think I'm going to ask MWG about this.

Thanks again.
StacysMom
on 6/16/10 2:32 pm
 MWG is the sleeve (and lapband/crapband LOL)  EXPERT!!   I'd go with whatever she tell ya ...
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/10 2:39 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 16, 2010 at 9:32 PM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 MWG is the sleeve (and lapband/crapband LOL)  EXPERT!!   I'd go with whatever she tell ya ...
Yep, I've been talking to her on the phone and she is a wealth of information.
Monique H.
on 6/15/10 2:27 am
Since it looks like you're in SoCal have you thought about trying to see Dr Keshishian?
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/10 8:46 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On June 15, 2010 at 9:27 AM Pacific Time, Monique H. wrote:
Since it looks like you're in SoCal have you thought about trying to see Dr Keshishian?
Someone on another board recommended him. Is that the guy at USC ?
Monique H.
on 6/15/10 9:01 am
No He's with Delano Medical Group and another one I think in Glendale. If you click on his name under my profile pic you should be able to pull up info on him.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/10 9:22 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Cool I'll do that THANK you very much.
StacysMom
on 6/15/10 2:36 pm
 The doc at USC is named Dr. Crookes.  He does the DS surgery as well as the other options.
Most Active