Anyone in Virginia who have had revision surgery after gastric bypass? Would love to hear from...

kbush
on 6/14/10 6:38 am - richmond, VA
I had gastric bypass in 2005 and have gained some weight back and am considering a revision; anyone who has had a revision  please email me. Take care all.

JRinAZ
on 6/15/10 12:53 am - Layton, UT
On June 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM Pacific Time, kbush wrote:
I had gastric bypass in 2005 and have gained some weight back and am considering a revision; anyone who has had a revision  please email me. Take care all.

I've had 2 Revisions.  Most people on here are looking for a revision like you.

I suggest you start with some homework so you can make an educated decision.

www.dsfacts.com

What was your 1st procedure?  That will let us know what options you have available to you.

I went from a regular (proximal) Rny to an Extended Rny (aka ERny) and then just finally to a DS!!!!  I wish I would have started with the DS long ago!

Good luck!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JRinAZ
on 6/15/10 12:56 am - Layton, UT
On June 15, 2010 at 7:53 AM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
On June 14, 2010 at 1:38 PM Pacific Time, kbush wrote:

I've had 2 Revisions.  Most people on here are looking for a revision like you.

I suggest you start with some homework so you can make an educated decision.

www.dsfacts.com

What was your 1st procedure?  That will let us know what options you have available to you.

I went from a regular (proximal) Rny to an Extended Rny (aka ERny) and then just finally to a DS!!!!  I wish I would have started with the DS long ago!

Good luck!

My bad!  Hello....you said you had gastric bypass......

Sooooo...

1.  Band over Bypass (very little success and high problem stats)
2.  Extended Rny or Distal (leaves your pouch alone and shortens your common channel which gives greater malabsorption)  (High complication stats)
3.  Convert to a Sleeve (purely restrictive and not good for those who are grazers)
4.  Duodenal Switch (gives restriction AND malabsorption)  BINGO!  Best stats!

Good luck!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

kbush
on 6/15/10 4:08 am - richmond, VA
Thank you so much for replying. I will do more research; thank you for sending me the link. I had the Rny. Any other info/results from you or others is appreciated. God bless.

kbush
on 6/15/10 4:12 am - richmond, VA
Most Active