Soo Ready for a Simple Salad..

spoiledarmywifey
on 6/13/10 5:59 pm - Ft. Hood , TX
Hi Yall.. Im Ashlei.

I had Lapband Oct. of 2008. Things were great started loosing the weight, then BAM had to have my gallbladder removed due to 12  gallstones almost overnight it seemed in April of 2009. 2 weeks later had to have a Hiatal Hernia tacked..  So after all that surgery I pretty sick for a while, and just didnt get a fill because the Dr said it was too soon to put fill in after 2 surgeries.. So Ok no big deal I just waited and waited. Everytime I went he kept saying no.. So Being an Army Wife, we moved since my husband had Orders. In Jan of 2010 we went to Virginia, and then got orders again right away and moved just as fast to Oklahoma. Where I am now.. from Feb 2010-May 2010 I was only able to eat 1 out of every 5 meals.. I was getting sick off the simplest things such as Broth or more so than often jus****er.. So once I got the approval I went and saw a new Dr. who took one look at me and said "REVISION"...

As of June 3rd, 2010 O had me Revision.. Im about 10 days out, and officially starting to hate yogurt, mashed potatoes, jello, broth, cottage cheese, peanut butter, and mostly WATER... I see my Dr. on the 21st.. But Honestly Im ready for a salad even if its only 1 or 2 bites.. when did some of you other Revisionista's start away from the post op Diet?

Any other suggestions as to what else I might be able to have? I get the concept of Moist and Mushy. but Im a salad girl.. always have been..  and would just love to have some romaine lettuce, a tomatoe, and a little dressing to sooth this craving palate of mine..
How silly is this, my Husband brings home a very good looking Pizza with all my favs on it for dinner and all i want is a salad...

Like I said... So ready for a simple salad, even Ceasar would be great...  Plz someone help me before I "feel" like im wasting away.. lol..

JRinAZ
on 6/14/10 1:31 am - Layton, UT
Chew & spit a couple of bites.  focus on protein first right now and battle through the head hunger!  Salads will be your friend soon enough.  Good luck!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Kindle
on 6/28/10 4:13 am
 One of the things recommended to me was to get plain greek yogurt and add the fat free ranch powder (using the yogurt instead of the sour cream) and using that as a dip. You get the protein without all the calories/carbs, etc. use that as a dip for heads of broccoli and baby carrots. Try steaming the veggies to soften them up a bit before trying to eat them. It helps. You won't feel full so limit yourself to only about 3 pieces.
Surgery date 05/13/2010
HW: 291
SW: 280
CW:

GW: 160
Most Active