Anyone here had RNY to DS revision with Dr. Pomp

flucca
on 6/10/10 3:42 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
I consulted with Dr. Pomp at NYU for Lap RNY to DS revision, is there anyone here that has had this done with him.  He told me that he would have to complete the surgery in stages (two surgeries) one to take down the pouch and construct the sleeve and another to complete the switch.  I'm ok with that, but have gotten some feedback indicating that in some (or most) cases he will do the first surgery and then not complete the switch......so, now I'm confused, any feedback or any input on surgeons who will do an RNY to DS Lap in one operation, besides Dr. Gagner who I still can't seem to find.  Thanks.
kjfras
on 6/10/10 3:53 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Hey Frank!

Dr.Gagner has been FOUND!!  He's setting up practice in Canada.  Go on the DS Forum and look for a thread with his name - I think it was posted a day or so ago by TREAZ.

Too bad he wasn't moving back to Miami - I'd be all over that! LOL

Good luck!
Kerry

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

flucca
on 6/10/10 4:12 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thanks Kerry-

I just checked it out but even with all of the discussion, still no contact info, it's like you have to be a  private eye to get his contact info...lol
dana712
on 6/10/10 11:50 am
I hear Dr. Inabnet in Mt. Sinai does RNY to Ds revisions. I have an appoinment with him in June.

randy S.
on 11/17/10 9:28 am - brooklyn, NY
Hi,
Did you end up doing the revision with Dr. Inabnet, and how did it go?  I am making an appointment  to see him for a revision from a 1998 ru-n-y to a ds.
dana712
on 11/17/10 9:45 am
Hi
I am in the process I am in my 4th month of the supervised diet, my insurance company requirs this
Are you scheduled to see him? I should  be going in January or February.He is going to do the DS in two parts, first the sleeve, then a few months after the DS part. Good Luck let me know how it goes.

Take Care
Dana
Caleña M.
on 6/13/10 12:06 pm
I had contact with Dr. Gagner about 2 months ago.  I reached him at this email address:  [email protected].  He replied. 

DS SW - 201 4/21/11; GW 130
gigi _
on 6/16/10 3:48 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
You should post your question about Dr. Pomp on the DS forum.  I have heard several times about him doing the revision in 2 stages as you said.  I have not heard that he doesn't complete the revision.
Most Active