Saw the surgeon today for a revision from lapband to the sleeve!

LoserinMN
on 6/10/10 12:34 pm - Cloquet, MN

Several months ago I started pursing a revision due to my inability to tolerate a decent effective fill in my band without suffering from horrible relfux/burning/heartburn!  The first time I went he wanted me to give my band another shot....so I did.....same thing happened!  Imagine that!
He asked me what I wanted and I opted for the sleeve, he thought that it would be a good fit for me as well.  ALthough I did feel like he was trying to scare me with the  possible outcomes....death, leakage etc and how my chances were higher because this is a revision instead of just a straight up sleeve gastrectomy yadda yadda yadda.....Yes I KNOW all that stuff! I've had surgery before!  LOL  But, they are submitting the paperwork to the insurance tomorrow, and in the past they have had pretty good luck with my insurance getting these things covered!  SO I am keeping my fingers crossed!  I originally lost 80 lsb but I have gained 30 of it back since last year when the problems really got bad....hoping this will help me get back to where I need to be!  I bought several pairs of shorts last fall on clearanc and I was SOOOOO excited to wear them this summer.....they dont fit!!!  Maybe next summer!!!
Id love to hear anyones experiences with a revision from the lap band to the sleeve :)  Thanks

Road Less Travelled
on 6/11/10 7:12 am
VSG on 12/13/10 with
sounds like we have the same story

I was down 65 now only down 35 - with a BMI now of 40.5

band is filled to the max and the restriction is so-so -- but it does not last and I am always hungry -- I go from starving, to in pain to eat solid protein, in to starving  - all withing the same 60-120 mins'............per conversations over the past 3 yrs with my band Doc -- the best I can tell is I don't have alot of "fat" around the part of my stomach that the band is placed -- so my band needs to be very filled in order to get any restiction as I don't have any additional fat pad to help with the restiction.

I want a sleeve -- I have a doc appointment on July 7th to discuss

If he won't do it I will need to find alother doc in the metro DC / No. VA area that has experience with this
LoserinMN
on 6/12/10 4:49 pm - Cloquet, MN
Good luck!   I tried several months ago to get the ball rolling and my NEW dr wanted me to give it a tray again.....so now finally he KNOWS that I am not just making stuff up!  I have tried and its NOT working, I CANNOT keep enough of a fill to provide adequate restriction without major reflu/burning esophagus etc......so now its up to Health Partners.....we shall see!
Most Active