Stricture/Revision Surgery...Help!

san63
on 6/6/10 12:33 pm
I had my RNY on 4/15/10. Things seemed to be going well and then all of a sudden the vomiting began, everyday. Went back to the surgeon, he just kept telling me to back off starting solids, blah, blah, blah. Long story short, I wound up in the hospital twice, both times doing upper GI series, which showed nothing. Finally this last time they did an endscopy, which showed a big stricture. Gastro dialiated it some, but told me that I will have to have a few more and hope they work. If not he mentioned revision surgery which has me scared to death. Does anyone have any information on this?? What would they do to correct the stricture, and isn't it even more dangerous to have surgery again? I am so upset and down...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandy
Monique H.
on 6/7/10 1:48 am, edited 6/7/10 1:48 am
I would post this on the rny or main board.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
MsBatt
on 6/9/10 6:22 am
Some people have to have multiple dilations, but I've never heard of anyone having a revision because of a stricture.

If it does come to that, I'd look into the DS. It would restore your pylorus, so you'd no longer have a stoma that could develop a stricture.
Most Active