Looking for a Dr in NJ specialized in StomaphyX

dimplesmile7
on 6/3/10 12:13 am
I have a Gastric Bypass in 2001 and currently trying to locate a good Dr in NJ speicalized in the StomaphyX procedure.  Your recommendations are welcomed!
Monique H.
on 6/3/10 5:22 am
I'm not from NJ so I can't recommend a surgeon for you, but please don't get upset when you read what I want to recommend . I just want to recommend that you do a search on this board for posts about the success of Stomaphyx before you set your mind on it. I haven't heard too many, if any, good reviews. I hope whatever you decide works out for you. Best of luck!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Kelleigh710
on 6/3/10 12:24 pm
Monique is 100% right. There are 3 revision procedures out there for the bypass pou*****luding ReStore, ROSE, and Stomaphyx. All 3 are money makers for doctors and thats it. I have personally had the ReStore and I lost 15 pounds from the liquid phase, it was all downhill from there. I think the success rate is somewhere in the 10% range. Please think of revising to something else!
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/10 5:45 am - Bayonne, NJ
Reputable, ethical doctors won't use Stomaphyx or ROSE. Insurance won't cover them because they don't work.  Almost everyone who has posted about it in the past few years has said that they had terrible results - they lost weight following the liquid diet, and as soon as that was over they stopped losing and regained. The procedure doesn't work.
baylady35310
on 6/5/10 7:57 am - Millsboro, DE
I did my research 6 months ago, I had also wanted to have the Stomaphyx or Rose procedure done, I had RNY in 2003, stoma stretched and now I have gained a lot of weight back, after reading the message board, I made an appointment with Dr. Greenbaum in Willingborough NJ and have had all my clearances done by the doctors Aetna required and am just waiting for them to approve me and I am going to have open DS surgery.  You might want to consider that, the weight lose and happy results are phenomenal.  I was told when I had RNY I would never gain it back, I want to get down to my goal and keep it off and DS is my way to do that, keep reading.................
Most Active