New to forum. Info on revision rny to ds

islandgirl55
on 5/31/10 12:04 pm
'm trying to understand what is the best option for me. I had the lap rny 11yrs ago with a good 100lb wt. loss. No complications. Stayed at 85 to 90lb loss for about 3 yrs. The weight goes up unless I use wt loss drugs. It's now 11 yrs and I have been off the drugs for several months. The weight is up 40lbs and climbing. I know I have exercised,and worked hard but I can't seem to keep it off.
I went to see original surgeon in Miss(moved to mid altantic area 3 yrs ago) He scoffs that I'm not heavy enough and I feel like I'm begging him. I don't understand why I have to get heavier to get heard.  It's demoralizing.
I have no complaints with original surgeon. He did a great job and I was up and around quickly.
It's obvious that the weight is accumulating.
Do I sound like I'm being unreasonable? I have had a gift for 11 yrs and I want more of that sort of healthy life where I feel normal.
I'm coming to the experts for input and suggestions.
I know very few people who have had surgery and I am very private so I need your insight and input.
Thank you in advance.
gigi _
on 5/31/10 3:42 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
First, I have no idea if you qualify for revision to DS.  I'm not an expert.  Secondly, I'm pretty certain there aren't any accredited DS surgeons in MS and I'm positive there aren't any DS revision surgeons in MS, so talking to your original surgeon about it is definitely a waste of your time, money and effort.  Of course he's going to be negative; it's not something he can do.

So, I would suggest going to www.DSFACTS.com and learning all you can about DS.  Then heading to the DS forum here.

There are a few good DS revision surgeons in the US that I know about.  There might be a few more, but here are the ones I'm aware of:

Dr. Keshishian in Glendale, CA (near LA)
Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco, CA
Dr. Greenbaum in NJ (I've heard he's not accepting new revision patients right now)
Dr. Pomp in NY (he seems to be getting somewhat of a rep on the forum for doing 2 parters if the surgery will go longer than 4 hours)
maybe Dr. Anthone in Omaha, NE (he definitely does DS, I'm just not sure if he does revisions)

There may be others, too, that I'm not aware of.

You can find the contact info for all of them on DSFACTS.com

Best of luck to you!
islandgirl55
on 5/31/10 9:43 pm
Thank you. I'll go to DSFACTS.com
I'm in NC at present. 
Most Active