So worried...but I need to do this!

bubbles1
on 5/31/10 5:41 am - Surprise, AZ
OK...I have had the lap band since 2003 and I am now having complications so seeking a revision. I have to revise to an RNY because that is all my insurance will cover. I am having the revision with the same Dr..(Dr Juarez, AZ) that did my lapband. I am just getting really scared and worried because  I am reading posts that say a revision from a lap to an RNY can be complicated and there is a higher risk of complications with revisions...I wish I would have never gotten the Lap band!!!!!!!!...any experiances would be appreciated..

HeatherInIthaca
on 5/31/10 5:54 am - Brooktondale, NY

I am on the revision road as well. from band to RNY.. I just began the journey 2 weeks ago and Yes I am scared to death too but I am also tired of living with the tightness, reflux, band adjustments and etc.. good luck to you!

bubbles1
on 5/31/10 6:00 am - Surprise, AZ
Did you have any complications? Did you have a lot of scar tissue? Did they take out the band and do the RNY at the same time? Did the Dr say you would have success with the RNY? Sorry for all the questions but so much going thru my mind..I know everyone is different...Thank you so much and wish you the best success ever!

JRinAZ
on 5/31/10 2:42 pm - Layton, UT
On May 31, 2010 at 12:41 PM Pacific Time, bubbles1 wrote:
OK...I have had the lap band since 2003 and I am now having complications so seeking a revision. I have to revise to an RNY because that is all my insurance will cover. I am having the revision with the same Dr..(Dr Juarez, AZ) that did my lapband. I am just getting really scared and worried because  I am reading posts that say a revision from a lap to an RNY can be complicated and there is a higher risk of complications with revisions...I wish I would have never gotten the Lap band!!!!!!!!...any experiances would be appreciated..
Before you commit to the Rny revision; come on this coming Saturday to a Super WLS Seminar (June 5th).  You can get all the details on the AZ State forum.

Don't go Rny before you've researched the DS!!!  www.dsfacts.com

Dr. Keshishian will be flying over from CA and will speciffically be addressing Revisions.  You'll get all kinds of info and other peeps will be there in the same boat as you.

Hope to see you there!

I just had my own revision to a DS on the 12th!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Cathleen S.
on 6/3/10 10:23 am
Hi all... as some of you know I had the lapband in 2006 very successful well over a hundred pounds. I kept a too tight fill for too long and next thing you know blah blah blah...couldn't keep a fill without vomitting had to get almost completely unfilled and then over time ****pt putting it off cause I knew I needed another surgery but was in nursing school and din't want to risk my spot)
So I waited WAY TOO LONG to have the revision and gained and gained and gained!
I had the revision to RNY March 30th and have never been happier with my decision. I went all the way back up to 293 and this morning weigh 250, I can eat EVERYTHING that I couldn't with the band meat, vegetables, eggs. I really only have one regret..... and that is that I waited so long!
Cheer up! You do not have to live in pain and if you keep waiting and getting unfills and refills and pain.... it is a sad hard thing to have two surgeries... I get it.... but there is an upside.
GOOD LUCK!

~Any reality you can imagine~

sfsugrl27
on 6/21/10 9:49 pm - Concord, CA
hi I was wondering if you had the surgery yet and if not I am scheduled for my surgery june 30th I am terrified I was expecting the lap band to my 1 and only surgery but due to acid reflux cost pain never finding my sweet spot gas and the worst heart burn on earth I had to stop getting it filled after 7 months of having it put in I tried deperately to just lose the weight myself and I did but then i just couldnt get past 220 with out starving myself and working out  twice a day 7 days a week I got burnt out and the weight came back on I only gained 20 of it back but I never really lost all the weight I wanted now I am getting rny 6/30/2010 scared to death but I need to get it and I know it is the right decision I have heard it is more complicated and risky becasue of all the scar tissue but all I can say is have confidence in your surgeon and the hospital and get lots of advice and support I am getting that I have an account with just about every weight loss revision forum just getting other peoples advise and information and experiences I will KIT and give you more info after the surgery and if you have gotten it already please give me some info I would love to hear about your experience
Most Active