I Finally Made It To Onederland!!

Teena A.
on 5/31/10 10:07 pm - Mesquite, TX

Woke up and got on the scale this morning after eating like a hostage all weekend and guess what?

I FINALLY MADE IT TO ONEDERLAND!!!

YAY!!

It is so true that you have to eat to lose weight.

I still have a lil more to go, but all is good in da hood.

Even though my 35th Bday is tomorrow I can't think of a better birthday present for me.

Well maybe winning a million dollars.

LMAO.

I do not care what people say about WLS revision.

IT WORKS WHEN YOU WORK IT. (I know that is an AA saying, but it so fits.)

I gained my weight back due to a Gastro-gastric fistula and being put on Lithium for my Bipolar (major side effect is weight gain).

The WLS revision was again a tool to help me do what I needed my body to do to get back on track to losing what I had gained.

I had to put in the work.

1. Eating my protein.
2. Drinking my water.
3. Taking my vitamins.
4. Exercising.
5. Staying away from fatty/fried foods. (Yes, I had/have a cheat day.)
6. Knowing my limitations of my surgery and respecting them.

I am not done yet but I am this much closer (26 lbs away) to my goal weight now of 170 (will change later no doubt as I lose).

I am more motivated now than ever since I made it to Onederland.

See you all one the skinny side.

I hope you all have an absolutely fabulous Tuesday.

I know I will.

Thank you all for your much needed support.

♥ you all.

Teena Adler
Facebook Contact Info/Email address:Skyedan[email protected]
10/09/09 - Distal Gastric Bypass (ERNY) Revision - Common Channel 90

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

sosoclark
on 6/2/10 3:13 am - Sacramento, CA
Thats wonderful news!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teena A.
on 6/6/10 1:07 am - Mesquite, TX
Thank you.

I'm going girl....I am going.

LOL.

Teena Adler

"Never Let People,Places,Or Things Stand In Your Way Of Fulfilling Your Goals And Living Out Your Dreams." Teena Adler

irushing
on 6/5/10 1:55 am
You are right on it!!!!!!   Revision can work wonderfully "if you work it"!   I don't usually post, but was motivated by your message.  I had a revision to my RNY along with hernia repair.  My original weight was 285 in 2005.   That was my original RNY date.  came down to 187, then regained to 214 as of this year.  Had revision this April 19 and now down to 186 and back in my size 12s.  I am 45 years old and 5'9".  My previous plastics work looks better than without any sagging and I hope to be sporting my two piece this summer!!!!!

WLS has saved many lives and improved quality of life for so many. There is no shame in getting back on track with whatever tools may be available and fit each person's cir****tance.  So may people have posted that a basic revision to RNY isn't successful, but I am here to claim that with a good doctor and following the right protocols coupled with faith and determination--it can work and work well.

CONGRATS!  Most definately will  -- see you on the skinny side!
Teena A.
on 6/6/10 1:16 am - Mesquite, TX
Thx for sharing your story.

It will help a lot of others.

Although I had to have a revision to lose the weight I gained from my gastro gastric fistula and being put on lithium and gaining weight from that too it still was a learning experience.

I still had to work hard for this weight loss.

It was not a magic pill and nothing was handed to me for sure.

While there are some like me who have had a complication
(gastro gastric fistula) of WLS that medically have to have a revision.

A lot of those w/o complications who claim WLS is not working for them are eating and drinking what they should not and are not following their doctors rules or protocols at all.

Those who think they they just have the surgery and do not have to work their tool are in for a rude awakening.

Congrats on your weight loss.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Teena Adler

Most Active