revision medicaid

tanyaladylove
on 5/31/10 1:32 pm - BROOKLYN, NY
how long does it take for medicaid to approve a revision to ds or do they pay for weight lost surgery in ny
Barb R.
on 5/31/10 11:55 pm - Troy, MO

Found this on the internet. I hope it helps. I am pretty sure they cover DS because Medicare does.
The Medicaid Program provides reimbursement for gastric bypass surgery that has been determined to be medically necessary under the following cir****tances:

• Recipient body-mass index (BMI) of at least 35; and
  • The service/procedure is an integral and necessary part of a course of treatment for an illness; and
  • The patient's obesity was created by, or is aggravating or creating, pathological disorders; and
  • Regular medical treatment including endocrine, nutritional, psychiatric and counseling services, as appropriate, have been provided to the patient for a period of 12-24 months and regular weighing of patient has indicated insignificant weight loss.

Note: Under certain cir****tances, it may be necessary to forego a medical treatment period when an urgent medical problem justifies surgery. No prior approval is required for this surgery. The detailed medical necessity for surgery must be documented in the patient's medical records.

Surgical treatment should be a treatment of last resort to control obesity.

Questions? Please contact the Bureau of Policy Development and Agency Relations at (518) 473-2160.

Nightowl is My Angel
   BARB
         My Surgeon is Dr. Bernita Bernsten        BMI 47.1
 PRAYING FOR EASY RECOVERY FROM VBG REVISION TO DS

tanyaladylove
on 6/3/10 1:51 pm - BROOKLYN, NY
thanks for the information i will keep you posted on how everything went lots of luck to you on your revision
Most Active