Dr. Anthone or VBG to DS

Barb R.
on 5/30/10 9:07 am - Troy, MO

Does anyone know if Dr. Anthone does revisions? Want Vbg to Ds but looking for Doctor in midwest that won't do a bait and switch to Rny.

Nightowl is My Angel
   BARB
         My Surgeon is Dr. Bernita Bernsten        BMI 47.1
 PRAYING FOR EASY RECOVERY FROM VBG REVISION TO DS

buckridge
on 5/31/10 1:30 am
The best surgeons out there for Revisions are Dr Rabkin, in SF, Dr Greenbaum in NJ, and DR Keshishian in LA. Have heard good things about them all, but know a couple of people who have had their revisions with Dr Rabkin and have been thrilled with the results and with him, in particular. These folks flew from Chicago to SF to have the surgery with him.
Dr Anthone has a great reputation too, especialy for the DS. I haven't seen or heard that he does many revisions.
Good luck.
Barb R.
on 5/31/10 8:42 am - Troy, MO
Thank You. I know about the doctors you posted about. Husted is AZ now and I wish just one of them where here in the mid-west. It is so hard in these times to pay the cost of airfare, hotel, transportation. Then of course there is the 3200.00 I have to come up with before insurance will start to pay. Not to mention the fact that you are all alone during a pretty ruff time. Sigh
                           Nightowl is My Angel
   BARB
         My Surgeon is Dr. Bernita Bernsten        BMI 47.1
 PRAYING FOR EASY RECOVERY FROM VBG REVISION TO DS

gigi _
on 5/31/10 3:51 pm, edited 5/31/10 3:51 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
Call Dr. Anthone's office tomorrow and ask.

Dr. Keshishian is also one of the very best.  But, he will require that you have a support person or he will NOT do surgery.  Trust me, I know. :-D (Surgery in a few days.)  And, he has a program fee.  Still, I am VERY grateful to have him and he takes my Medicare where most other DS surgeons do not.

If Anthone doesn't do revisions, I think you will have to travel.  And, believe me, I know how hard that is.  I'm on disability and I'm traveling over 1100 miles and paying the program fee, plus the upfront hospital fee and all the other travel costs, etc.
Most Active