looking 4 sleeve revision surgeon in Louisiana or close

Celeste76
on 5/30/10 3:52 am - Gonzales, LA
I have been looking for a surgeon to do a revision of my vertical sleeve in Louisiana, but websites are misleading, and when I call them, they don't offer it. I'm willing to go out of state if necessary. Can anyone recommend someone who actually does the revision? thanks so much! It's been so hard finding the info I need.
d_big_journry
on 5/30/10 11:10 am
I have been a patient of Dr H Spivack 2003.  He is in Texas Houston Medical Center.  He has done revision on my daughter, 2 lap bands for extened family an myself recenty 10 day post op from Lap band to ry.  I trust him an he is a leader in weight loss surgery.  It would be worth the drive  bes wishes
gigi _
on 5/30/10 7:38 pm, edited 5/30/10 7:48 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
You didn't provide quite enough info.  You have a VSG, right?  And you want to revise to what?  DS, hopefully?  There aren't a lot of surgeons who do DS revisions.  And one of those, Dr. Greenbaum in NJ, I've heard, currently isn't taking new revision patients.  I don't believe there are any DS revision surgeons in Louisiana.  There are 2 in CA, Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco and Dr. Keshishian in Glendale (LA).  Possibly Dr. Anthone in Omaha, NE.  There may be more, but I don't know who they are. 

Why don't you post on the DS forum?  Joyce normally posts here a lot, I think, but she just had a DS revision herself and so she's on the mend and isn't around as much as she'd probably like, so you're more likely to get a faster answer over on the DS forum.

Hopefully you aren't trying to revise to something else!  Good luck to you!

ETA:  PLEASE don't revise to RNY.  If you already have a VSG, then you have half the DS already.  A DS revision will add the malabsorption half so it will be a lot easier on you than revising to a RNY.  AND DS has been PROVED to be far more effective and you won't get the bad side effects of the RNY.  If you want to compare the two, go to www.dsfacts.com  Ask the folks on the DS forum here if you have any questions.

Celeste76
on 5/31/10 2:54 am - Gonzales, LA
I was hoping there was something to be done to have the sleeve itself fixed. I was on a particular medication that made me crave sugar like it was air. I know it's my own fault, but I was doing great till I got on that medication. With the increase of my appetite, I stretched out my sleeve. My mistake was not being worried about it stretching out b/c my surgeon had promised me that wasn't possible. And before I knew it, I had done just that. I had heard that some people had the same thing happen and were getting the sleeve itself revised.  But am now wondering if that's even possible. Thanks for your advice. I'm really trying to get to the bottom of this. I appreciate any help you can offer.
gigi _
on 5/31/10 12:47 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
I don't know much about getting resleeved.  I have heard it's possible only because I've seen people post that sometimes it happens as part of a conversion from VSG to DS when the VSG stomach has been stretched as you say yours has been.  But that's ALL I know.  I can't say if it's advisable or where the best place to start is.  I guess you might try the VSG forum? Or even your previous VSG surgeon if you liked him?

If you are at all interested in DS, then try the DSFACTS website I listed and the DS forum here, too.

Wishing you all the best!
buckridge
on 5/31/10 1:35 am
I have 2 friends who had their revisions with Dr Rabkin in San Francisco and are extremely pleased with their outcomes and their overall experience with him.

Best of luck.
Most Active