Home from revision surgery

Debbie B.
on 5/31/10 12:55 am - Eagle River, WI
Hi:  Have not posted for a while. 

Got home on Friday from GB Revision which was done wednesday.  Am much sorer this time and have a drain.  My stomach was the size of a grapefruit and my stoma was huge...large enough to get a meat ball thru....my doctor called this all a laundry shoot.  He said I was doomed to fail from the beginning due to the way the first surgery was done.

Decided to stay on mostly clear liquids, plus protein, (sort of a modified clear liquid) for the first month instead of pureed and blenderized.  Dr. said I could get another 20 lbs off that way.  Already was down 10 on Saturday. 

Not much trouble...hate the drain but that will be short lived...I hope.  No trouble getting liquids down until today.  Just was drinking warm tea and it seemed to be hanging up but my shake went down okay. 

Anyway, here we go !!!

Deb
gigi _
on 5/31/10 3:26 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
Wishing you an easy recovery!
sosoclark
on 6/2/10 3:15 am - Sacramento, CA
Deb,

Hope all is well with you and praying  for a speedy recovery.

Sophia
LadyVine
on 6/2/10 9:10 am - Cedar Hill, TX
RNY on 07/12/10 with
Good Luck Debbie sounds like your off to a great start.
Theresa W.
on 6/3/10 12:53 pm - Northern Lower, MI
Hi Deb,
Congratulations on your revision!  I am thinking about the same thing, and wondered what type of revision you had.  I haven't been on here in eons, so I'm a little out of the loop.  Thanks for any info you can give me.
Theresa

JessChel
on 6/4/10 4:21 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Wishing you a speedy recovery. I will be following your postings for updates. I am awaiting my revision approval from BC/BS. ( I have internal bleeding off/on for 11mths now . I am 5yrs out from my original RNY.)
BB
Most Active