Molina band to gastric bypass

susanrn87
on 5/29/10 7:06 am

I am newbie to this site, but I wanted to know if there is anybody out there that had a Molina band and had a revision to a gastric bypass?  I lost 143 pounds 19 years ago and have gradually regained 100 pounds over the last 15 or so years. My doctor said Molina band failure is not uncommon.  I'm hoping to have surgery in June.  I'm a school nurse so I have the summer as my "window of opportunity".

Susan

gigi _
on 5/29/10 1:27 pm, edited 5/29/10 1:27 pm - Kitsap Peninsula, WA
I wish somehow we could have a sticky about DS.  Please check out www.DSFACTS.COM

DS (duodenal switch) has been proven to provide more weight loss AND also has the best long term weight loss success of ALL the WLS .  It's what RNYers revise to when RNY fails.  And, it's easier to revise to DS from a lap band than from a RNY.  So, do yourself a favor and at least check it out before you make your final decision.

There are only a handful of surgeons capable of and willing to do the DS revision.  (My surgeon is one of them and so is Dr. Rabkin is San Francisco.)  So, if you decide it's best for you, come back here or to the DS forum and you'lll get lots of great advice.

Best of luck to you.
Most Active