Unsuccessful bypass.........what are my choices??

wjclark
on 5/28/10 4:43 am - Oxford, NC
I am now on TPN and have been for 2 weeks due to the inability to eat or drink orally since my bypass on 4/19. I have been hospitalized 4 times due to dehydration, malnutrition and failure to thrive. MD said next step will be a feeding tube! I cannot take anymore emotionally or physically. My follow-up appointment is Tues. Is there a such things as a "true revision" meaning putting things back the way they were or what? Thanks!
Wendy

JRinAZ
on 5/28/10 5:31 am - Layton, UT
On May 28, 2010 at 11:43 AM Pacific Time, wjclark wrote:
I am now on TPN and have been for 2 weeks due to the inability to eat or drink orally since my bypass on 4/19. I have been hospitalized 4 times due to dehydration, malnutrition and failure to thrive. MD said next step will be a feeding tube! I cannot take anymore emotionally or physically. My follow-up appointment is Tues. Is there a such things as a "true revision" meaning putting things back the way they were or what? Thanks!

Get a SECOND opinion!  If someone's going to be "taking down" your Rny then find an expert who can switch you at the same time!!!!

Is Dr. Keshishian near you?  He took my very high risk case!!!

www.dsfacts.com  has a list of expert REVISION surgeons!

Good luck friend!  You're in my prayers!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

millikan01
on 5/28/10 5:53 am
Joy,
I saw your post and actually just called Dr. Keshishian's office...randomly, he answered the phone and did a consult with me! I am seeking a revision from a Rny to a DS...can you PM me about your experience?

THANKS!
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

JRinAZ
on 5/28/10 8:05 am - Layton, UT
On May 28, 2010 at 12:53 PM Pacific Time, millikan01 wrote:
Joy,
I saw your post and actually just called Dr. Keshishian's office...randomly, he answered the phone and did a consult with me! I am seeking a revision from a Rny to a DS...can you PM me about your experience?

THANKS!
Hi friend,
I tried to pm you but you must have your profile set on private.  I couldn't get through.

I've got family coming over in a  bit and won't have any more computer time tonight but if you want to send me a note at my regular email then I can attach my "story" and return it to you this weekend.

I'm glad you had a consult.  Hopefully he at least gave you some direction and information.  He randomly answers the phone sometimes. LOL!  It throws me for a loop everytime but he just figures that if he's walking from here to there and the girls are all busy then he might as well answer and help someone:)

Joyce - [email protected]

good luck!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

whipcream652
on 5/31/10 5:03 am
When I first had a RNY back in 2002, I was sick for about a year. I think it was because I was trying to either eat too fast, could not eat meat well, or for some reason just vomited everytime I ate. It will pass. You have to remember that you must put something in your body ! Protein drinks will save ya but you have to make yourself drink drink drink. You are a nebie and I thought the same thing whenever I first had mine. I already had my mind made up to have the doctor put everything back the way it was. I really don't think that it is that easy. But, it can be done! If I were you I would just slow down on thinking all that and concentrate on getting somethink into your body. I was not good with meats at first so I did the protein shakes. This surgery gives your body a jerk that is for sure and it will mess up your hormones (for a woman). Just take a deep breath. And to remember to keep something on your stomach even if it is only liquid. You can not eat or drink anything? Well of course you will be dehydrated! Keep trying to get liquids down if possible. I hope it all goes well. I remember how I felt the first 6 months of my journey.

Many prayers,
Miriam Chapman
Most Active