help

jekapope
on 5/28/10 7:54 am - Hampton, VA
I had the lap band in dec and i want a revision, how hard is it and what all do i have to do... i go in tue for another fill and i just want to know what i should say to my doc.. i mean i know what to say but how do i get him to understand this isn't working for me!
THanks Jessica

mew6495
on 5/29/10 12:03 pm - MI
What kind of issues are you experiencing that is causing the band not to be working for you?  No weight loss, food getting stuck, throwing up constantly?  I would approach it with him from the stand point of why it is not working and see if he can help you address your concerns.  You will probably also need to get him or another surgeon to agree with you that it is what you need in order to get your insurance to pay unless you plan on being a self pay.

I would also suggest you start researching to determine the type of revision that will best suit your life style.  Find a true revision surgeon who does several different types of revision and many of them.  Else you may run into being limited to a specific kind of revision simply because your surgeon can't or doesn't perform one that may better suit your needs.

Good Luck
MEW

Most Active