Had Upper GI and...

Monique H.
on 5/26/10 6:51 am
First of all I had an upper gi which was the last to do on the list Dr K gave me that he needs in order to submit to the insurance. Ok we all know the taste of that stuff is horrible and I was really doing my best to drink it without vomitting. Well in the middle of it the guy starts asking me questions like do I still get full after eating. I told him yes, but it doesn't last as long. Well he had me take a look at the screen and as it entered in my stomach it emptied into my intestines. Sounds like a stretched stoma to me. the pouch looked about like the size of an egg on the screen and I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but Im hoping the fact that things are emptying out of my pouch pretty quickly is going to support my needing a revision even more. Well I just wanted to give you all an update since I promised I would keep some of you posted. I'll let you all know what happens next.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
shele
on 5/27/10 5:40 am
That is exacty what mine looked like last week!  please keep updating!!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Monique H.
on 5/27/10 6:46 am
Definitely Shele. At first I thought I would just come back to this board and read up, but keep everything to myself. When I got here I started seeing posts about the type of surgery I had and its effectiveness. I couldn't see questions being asked and not say anything about my experience. Since I started posting again I've had several people to send me messages inquiring about the experience I'm going through now. I'm glad that I can be of some help to people. As of right now I can't promote the ds until I actually have it and see my results, but I'm willing to share with people the steps that I'm taking to get there if it will help them to succeed.

You and I both jumped on the extended/distal rny wagon and I truly wish I would have just waited and fought for what I wanted. At least now though I can speak from experience when it comes to helping someone else and not just repeat what I've heard.

I don't know why I went into all of that, but I'll keep you posted.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
shele
on 5/27/10 9:07 am

Yeah I know  what you are saying, I knew in my heart that I wanted and Needed the DS, but I was so afraid.

But now I am miserable, can't eat enough protein, my stomach.. er pouch hurts and burns all the time.. Dr.'s advice??>>> Nake Nexuim the rest of my life, Oh yay!.. so I guess maybe I should wait, to promote it, but it has to be better than this!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

pammy927
on 5/28/10 11:48 pm
That must be what I'm getting.  I have to have an xray with barium solution.  From the amounts of food I'm able to eat, I may have a stretched pouch and stoma.  May I ask where you go your upper GI done?  I'm in Bakersfield and I was thinking that since you are going to Dr. K, you may be near.
Monique H.
on 6/1/10 2:25 am
I'm actually in Sacramento and had the upper gi here. Your pcp should be able to refer you to someone in your area. Make sure you tell them that you are checking to see if there may be problems from your original weight loss surgery. At first the people didn't know that and then when I told them the tech knew what to look for.
Most Active