New to Obesity help Well I was on here years ago but I have questions

JohnathansMommy09
on 5/26/10 12:13 pm, edited 5/26/10 10:37 am - Redford, MI
I had the gastro bypass 7 years ago when I was 21. I got down to 180 from 306. Years went by and  I felt hurger and hurger and here comes the weight back. Most was in the last few years after loosing my grandma and father. I had my son 1 year ago but I lost weight while I was pregnant I was soooo sick. But I gained all it back really fast . So i have been thinking about the sleeve and have apointment on June 18th> I felt I had it to young and I wasnt mentally prepared for this . I work with Baratric patients everyday and I can't even tell them i had it so they wont de discouraged :( I'm 240 now anyone had revision?
JRinAZ
on 5/27/10 1:56 am - Layton, UT
The sleeve is great!  BUT.....I think you may want to truly consider going 1 step further and getting revised to the DS!    I tried to tweak my Rny with a revision to an ERny and went the direction I should have started with in the first place!  I was revised to a DS just 2 weeks ago!!!! 

Restriction is GREAT.  Adding some malabsorption is a WIN/WIN!!!!!  www.dsfacts.com

Good luck!  (I understand working in the biz and being mindful of being an example!!!  It's a bit of pressure that other WLS peeps don't have to consider.  hang in there!)

P.S.  Congrats on your wee son!  He's reason enough to want to get in your best game form:)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JohnathansMommy09
on 5/29/10 3:10 am - Redford, MI
Thank you for responding to me. My son is the best thing that ever happen to our family after our bigest lost of grandma and my dad. I just feel so embarssed it my RNY didn't work out for me and My husband doesn't understand. is the DS Duodenal Switch? I haven't heard of it I'll check it out. Where I work he only does the sleeve or RNY but I'm going to a diffrent hospital to my co workers don't judge me.  Us nurses and aides are like Greys we like go gossip except I don't :) but thank u.
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/10 11:56 am - Bayonne, NJ
I revised from RNY to the DS. Went from 326 to 180 with the RNY, but gained back to 221. I have lost weight, and I no longer had the problems I had with RNY.
JohnathansMommy09
on 5/29/10 3:11 am - Redford, MI
Thank you for responding with the DS how do they do the surgery?
Most Active