Have you ever been asked how far along you were?

travelingirl
on 5/27/10 8:36 am - CA

I am finally fed up.  I get it I am fat and look like I'm prego.  I have been smiling and telling people no I'm not pregnant I am just fat for a few years.  Secretly loving watching the look on their faces as they realize that they just put their foot in their mouths.  I don't know if now its just a matter of knowing I'm almost there on getting my revision, but today I finally snapped at a women.  I really didn't mean too but she crossed the line when she put her hand on my belly and gave it a little rub while asking when am I due. I announced loud and clear in the grocery store I AM FAT NOT PREGNANT!!!!  Can you believe she got snippy with me? Mad cause I kindof yelled it. I am sure people from the next isle over heard me.  Oh gee I'm so sorry. (heavy sarcasm) If I made you mad, embarrassed, or whatever humiliation you might have felt. How do you think I feel? GEE ya poor-thing. Sorry people turned to look at you.  

JRinAZ
on 5/28/10 5:28 am - Layton, UT
I had that same "apple" shape and got a lot of that crap!

I am feeling ticked off in your behalf!!!!  Insensitive people!  SEriously?  Do we need to wear one of those t-shirts with the arrows pointing to our gutt that says. "not a boy or a girl...just fat so shut the heck up"!!! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

travelingirl
on 5/28/10 2:13 pm - CA
I just hope that she thinks before doing it to the next women.

thenecklacelady
on 5/30/10 10:53 am
 Oh Crap I've been on the other side of that fence!  It happened several years ago, and I'll never forget.  I'm a nurse and I was changing into scrubs next to a woman who was normal sized except for her belly, which was huge and covered in stretch marks.  I smiled at her and asked how many weeks along she was.... she asked, "how many weeks WHAT?"

Open mouth, insert foot.  OMG.  She was NOT pregnant.  I felt horrible and I'll never forget it.  I never assume any more.  Never.  Ever.

Most Active