Surgery friday need advise

daizygurl27
on 5/24/10 6:23 am - Shinnston, WV
Hey all I have my revision this friday!  I'm super nervous.  I am supposed to be on a liquid and one light meal a day for the 2 weeks prior.  I have done horrible!!!!!!  Is this going to be a huge problem for me?

Also has anybody had the lapband removed to Rny?  Please help I'm scared because i have not been able to follow the liquids like i should be

thank you
Melissa
mrlddst
on 5/24/10 7:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
You might get a faster response over at the RNY board.
Monique H.
on 5/25/10 2:28 am
I haven't gone from lap band to rny, but I did have rny. Start today and do what you are supposed to do. Also at some point aren't you supposed to just have liquids? Like a day or two before? Please make sure you follow that. Also you better try to get you head wrapped around the idea of being compliant to what and when you are supposed to be eating. If you don't get it right now you could cause yourself a whole lot of trouble and maybe be doing this all for nothing. Having rny is not going to magically make you start eating right. It will be hard work, but you've got to start now. Please know everything I've said is out of concern because I don't want you to make some tragic mistakes. Good luck to you.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
emjayel56
on 5/25/10 9:05 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

Hi Melissa,

Good  Luck with your revision.  I think you will be happy with it.  I went from lapband to RNY last summer.  I can tell you that I did follow the preop liquid only diet for 2 weeks, however, I had two prior WL surgeries (when i put the band in and when I took the band out and replaced with another band).  The first two times the surgeon did not require a liquid preop diet.  it is the personal choice of the surgeon.  The reason you do it is to shrink the liver so as to minimize the need for an open surgery.  I would not add more stress to you right now worrying about this.  Do what you can from now until the surgery.  It will be fine.  Feel free to ask any questions of me that you'd like to know.  Have a wonderful day.  Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

Most Active