lose skin removal

pandavenise
on 5/22/10 3:13 am
my insurance won't cover tummy tuck but will cover lose skin removal. Has anyone just had that surgery done and do you like it? I am wondering if it makes a big difference. I have most of my weight in my lower stomach so it hangs and I am sure it will with completing my weightloss
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/10 12:22 pm
wow they will cover all loose skin removal?? what insurance do you have.  that would be awesome!
cybil
pandavenise
on 5/22/10 3:43 pm
I have medicare and have talked to a plastic surgeon and they told me they will cover to remove  the lose skin around my stomach if it is hanging to low and gives me problems. But the won't cover a complete tummy tuck where they tighten the muscles and stuff like that. He said he would take what medicare paid and I could pay the difference for the full tuck if I wanted to.
(deactivated member)
on 5/23/10 1:55 am
well i would def. take advantage of that!
missnanajean
on 5/23/10 10:08 pm - Friendswood, TX
I can understand that. If they covered "Tummy tuck " that is not a medical necessity but loose skin removal is. Excess loose skin can put more pressure on the lymphatic system causing even more swelling to the lower extremities . People who have diabetes and lymphedema  are prone to weeping rashes and open ulcers. This causes infections and can cause lose of the extremity if it goes too long. Usually you have to document the need by photos and Dr. documentation of the rashes or sores or the changes that are occuring.  Any coverage by insurance is a blessing to help improve  ones quality of life.
  Miss  Jean   
riasteelersfan
on 5/25/10 11:06 pm - Pittsburgh, PA

Hello-
I had a tummy tuck and a thigh lift.  The tummy tuck was simply removing the skin because I planned on having children and they didn't want to tighten the muscles because of that.  I also had enough skin hanging that they insurance paid for the tummy tuck but the thigh lift was out of pocket.  If I had it to do all over again I would have only done the tummy tuck.  The Thigh Lift was the worst pain I have ever experienced and the results were not worth the pain.  And I have had a lot of surgeries to compare it to.  The Rou en Y, 7 back surgeries and not to mention a C-Section.  Also with the thigh lift the stiches broke and I had huge open wounds on my inner thigh that I had to pac****il they healed! So go for the tummy tuck- The results were amazing! Good Luck to you!
Maria

Most Active