rny to ds revisioners please respond

Monique H.
on 5/19/10 1:42 am
I'll keep this short. I'm just curious what your weight loss is like since surgery. Would any of you mind telling me:

1. Weight day of surgery
2. How long since surgery
3. How much loss since surgery

I'm still trying to decide if this is for me and I'm curious how everyone has done. The last time I jumped on the distal/extended rny train and WRECKED. I don't want to do the same thing again. This will be surgery number 3 since I've been at my job and I know they're getting sick of me taking off time, not to mention the pain I'll be in and the money I'll be out of.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
(deactivated member)
on 5/19/10 5:41 am - Bayonne, NJ
Looks like everyone is replying over on the DS board. ;)
Monique H.
on 5/19/10 5:59 am
thanks and thanks for your responses.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
defeatednot
on 5/19/10 6:05 am
 Hi all, I'm new to this site & am contemplating a revision of RNY with DS by Dr G. I've been told there are a few of you out there that have had this procedure done (the revision). If you would, please tell me your experience recoop time, weight loss, etc.  Haven't been approved as yet, but don't anticipate any problem so I would really like to know what you all think.  Thanks.
Nancy
Monique H.
on 5/19/10 6:27 am
You might want to look where I posted this in the DS Forum. Here's the link.
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4176459/RNY-to-DS-Revis ioners-Please-Respond/
Zee Starrlite
on 5/19/10 7:03 am
Hi Monique!

This morning I wrote you a fairly long reply but as I was finishing up, I got disconnected.

I think an extremely important question to ask these RNY to DS revisions is whether they were distal or extended RNY's during the time of their revisions. 

If you are already down to the common channel, how will the DS help you with weight loss? Would you rely on the restriction that a smaller sleeve would supply (currently is your pouch or stoma stretched?)  And if you are presently down to the cc, are you willing to go even further?

It could be that your doc didn't even do a real revision.  You should consult with several "top guns".

I wish you well Mo.  I know how hard you have worked through the years and I am so sorry that you are having to go through so much.

Forget about your co-workers, take care of yourself.

(((HUGS)))
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Monique H.
on 5/19/10 8:14 am
Thanks Leila. I'm really wondering what my original surgeon actually did. I think I'm going to just have my upper gi done next week and then wait for Dr Keshishian to review everything and see what he says. My original surgeon said that he had bypassed over 200 more cm of intestines when he did my revision which was supposed to be more than he ever did for anyone, but I really do wonder if that is the truth. I can definitely eat more now that I'm almost 16 months out, but eating too much and stretching my pouch I don't think I've done. Dr. Keshishian knows that I was revised to a distal and I truly hope he wouldn't fill me with false hope just to make a little money. I guess all I can do right now is trust him and pray. Pray that I make it through and pray that I lose the weight. Thanks for the advice.
StacysMom
on 5/20/10 6:13 am
 Please check out this post:  www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4176718/ERNY/

Maybe your unfortunate experience with the ERNY can prevent someone else from taking that same path.

Best wishes for a safe DS surgery and getting the outcome that you have been waiting for!
Most Active