StomaphyX

pam_b
on 5/17/10 7:37 am
Has anyone had this procedure done or know of anyone who has had the procedure?
Any info?
Kelleigh710
on 5/17/10 9:23 am
Pam,

Let me be the very first of I'm sure, MANY people on this site that will tell you NOT to waste your time and/or money on this procedure. The Stomaphyx, ROSE, and ReStore procedures have all failed as a means of revising gastric bypasses gone wrong. I personally had the ReStore trial and it didn't work. These are just money makers for doctors and crushed dreams for us. Please research another revision that will help get you back on track!
Forest
on 5/23/10 11:16 pm
I did the restore trial too.  First I got the sham then the real thing when it was over.  It helped for a month then failed again.  At first they wanted me to do a series of endoscopic procedures to rapair but now they found a hernia and will to a lap repair of both.  That study took so much longer then expected and so wish I never did it.  Now I am just starting to read the DS  posts and I am wondering if I am not making another mistake.
Michelle H.
on 5/17/10 1:08 pm - Canada
kelleigh is right, these processes do not work.. sad but true. I came to this site looking for information for the Stomaphyx and was so heartbroken when I found out it was just another failure. I am now revising to the DS.
Michelle
My is Debbie M.......I am to lo24 (Louisa)
RNY 338- 185.  Regain to SW260 CW 236 GW 150ish?

pam_b
on 5/17/10 1:28 pm
Thanks. Just what I need another failure. I think I'm sold on the DS.
kjfras
on 5/18/10 3:01 am - North Lauderdale, FL
I wouldn't waste your time!  One of my employees just got it done last week.  I warned her and begged her to come on here and look for herself but she said she put all her trust in her surgeon!  WHATEVER! 

I think if anyone is going to offer this kind of surgery they should switch surgeons - I've only seen 1 person lose 50lbs and has kept it off out of 100's I've read about.  I hope it works for my employee but I don't have a good feeling about it.  It's simply a money maker! 

Usually the weight you lose it from the liquid diet before and after - then the weight comes back and you don't lose any more.

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

pam_b
on 5/18/10 4:08 am
Thanks Kerry, I've not spoke to a surgeon yet about StomaphyX. Have decided to forget it
and pursue the DS.
Michelle H.
on 5/18/10 5:33 am - Canada
Pam, come join us over on the DS board. There are a lot of RNY to DS revisions over there and it is a wealth of information.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Michelle
My is Debbie M.......I am to lo24 (Louisa)
RNY 338- 185.  Regain to SW260 CW 236 GW 150ish?

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/10 11:19 am - Bayonne, NJ
Just chiming in to say that I'm a librarian, and I researched heavily before deciding on my revision. I couldn't find any good data for Stomaphyx. The only ones pushing it are the surgeons who make a fortune from suckers.

BTW, my revision to the DS is a total success thus far. At 5 months I've already lost 50 lbs, and I was a lightweight revision.
pam_b
on 5/19/10 6:52 am
I am currently doing a 6 month diet for Dr. Greenbaum.  I saw a few doctors offered the stomaphyX and I'm thinking quick solution. But after reading more and hearing negative
things about it I am just going to suffer through another 5 months. My Nut says this is just
a waste of time. My BMI is 39. But I will do anything to get the DS. Had a RNY in 1995. kept weight off for 12 years then I started gaining weight back. My pysch eval is what screwed me up. She said I need to learn more about nutrition.  Guess what, she is a bone, never had a weight problem. ****** me off!!!
Most Active