Lapband to RNY preop surgery question

Christy Sanchez
on 5/16/10 11:31 am - Acworth, GA
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need for surgery and after care. Yes my doctor is sending me a list but sometimes others can give more ideas.

I'm concerned about what I need for aftercare since I'll be away from home.

Also, if anyone can tell me about what kind of food they eat now. Just wanting some ideas....getting aprehensive & nervous now that surgery date is getting near (June 8th).

Thanks,
Christy
Christy Sanchez

311 HW/275 Band/239 RNY/193 CW/150 GW

sreed1966
on 5/17/10 12:43 am - Livonia, MI
I really didn't need anything for aftercare that I didn't need for any other surgery.  I think the most important thing in the hospital is toothbrush and some kind of chapstick...lol.
I'm almost 5 months out, and I can eat just about anything I want.  My taste buds changed drastically after surgery, but seem to have come around....I went from loving milk, to not being able to stand it for about 2 months.
I did have some gasX strips on hand as others mentioned that. I took one, but it didn't really seem to do anything.  Walking as soon as I could after surgery was the biggest benefit...Gas pains can be terrible!  This seems to prevent them.  Let me know if you have any questions...I usually check the boards out every few days, and good luck with your surgery!

Lapband 2003 - Lost 85 lbs...
Revision to VSG 12/09

chelle614
on 5/18/10 3:33 am - Chester, NY
Be sure to have bandages. I used bandaid brand large and medium rectangle shaped, with adheasive on all four sides. The hospital did not give me any of that stuff.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Most Active