Molina band revisions??

asweeten
on 5/16/10 1:58 am
I have a Molina band for 7 yrs and have kept 80 lbs off but know I have an obstruction and need to have the band taken out and revised to bypass.  I'm going in Tuesday for UGI endoscopy to see the extent of the damage.  Would really like to talk to anyone that has been in this situation.

Thanks
Zee Starrlite
on 5/17/10 6:14 am
Hi, this woman had a surgically adjustable band and converted to the duodenal switch.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/grechen/

From what I know, she couldn't be happier with her revision.  We used to communicate alot but now she is out living life.

All the Best to you,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

JEN_42080
on 5/19/10 5:30 am
I just had my molina band taken out and a rny done 3 month ago. I had my molina band for 13 years.  I can't eat more with the rny then i could with my Band.  I only have about 50 lbs to lose and it is coming off SLOW.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jen
scole10598
on 3/12/11 11:42 am
I would like to know if you had the Molinda Band removed and if so how it all worked out with the new surgery.  I am in your same shoes as you and have started the process as well. I am scared I am told it will be so many hours of surgery that increases my risk alot.  I did gain back all my weight over the 7 years it hasn't been working. My surgeon handles many of these revisions a month and he says the earlier bands are so tangled in the stomach if he does the bypass he cuts that part of the tummy out and makes that go away if possible. I am anxious to hear how your situation worked out.
asweeten
on 3/14/11 2:32 am
YAY!!!! As of June 11, 2010 I no longer have my Molina Band.  I had it removed, hiatel hernia repair and gastric bypass.  I no long have any reflux or throwing up.  It is wonderful.  The surgery went well with no complications.  I am so so happy that I have the bypass.  I am down to 128 lbs as of today.  I flucuate between 123 and 128.  I have lost approx 35 lbs since bypass which is a total of 104 lbs since I got the Molina Band.  I sometimes have dumping after I eat some foods but it is not that often.  I could not be more happy than I am with how I feel.  I was a little nervous myself but I had been on a liquid diet for about 5 weeks before surgery due to the obstruction so I was just ready for it to be over.  Keep in touch and let me know how things are going.
airbender
on 3/12/11 8:41 pm
I hope you find a revision that is appropriate for you, as you know there are not many patients left with the molina band, either removed or revised due to health issues, hopefully you will feel better after you have your revision....
asweeten
on 5/19/10 12:15 pm

I'm so glad to finally hear from someone that had a molina band.  I just had an endoscopy yesterday and the doctor said I I have very little opening left in my stomach.  It has not eroded thru my stomach yet but my stomach is very red, irritated and swollen so he has put me on a liquid diet to help heal it.  I'm so scared...I got a call today from his office asking me to come in tomorrow to schedule surgery.  I wasn't expecting to go in until next week so I'm thinking things are worse than I expected.  Did you have complications from your band?  Did you gain alot of your weight back?  Do you know what your band was made out of?  Mine was Gortex which he said is really bad because it adheres so bad to the stomach.  Anyways thanks for leaving me a message.

Angie

Most Active