Dr Juarez...St Lukes, Arizona

bubbles1
on 5/15/10 7:58 am - Surprise, AZ
Has anyone gotten a revision done from Dr Juarez in AZ at St Lukes. I am getting ready to schedule an appointment for a lap band to rny revision and would really like some input.
KristeyK
on 5/18/10 3:42 am - AZ
I don't have first hand information, but one of the offices down here in Tucson said they specifically refer their revision patients to Dr. Juarez up there in Phoenix. That speaks volumes to me, so I am going to go see him too.
StacysMom
on 5/18/10 4:39 am
 I just read on OH that one of the TOP revision docs in the country is setting up shop in AZ in June.   It's Dr. Husted, who does ALL of the revision options, including the highly sought-after RNY to DS revision.   If I were in your shoes, I'd wait to see him before making any decisions.   He will be at AZ weight loss solutions.   I think the website is www.azwls.com.   If that's not it, you can ask on the AZ board.
JRinAZ
on 5/18/10 5:09 am - Layton, UT
Hiya bubbles1!

I just had a SECOND revision last Weds the 12th.  Honestly,  there isn't a doctor in the entire state of AZ (past, present or future (note announcement of Dr. Husted coming) ) that I would personally go to. 

"If" my best friend or sister needed the best I would ONLY recommend a DS as the option!  then they wouldn't have to have a 3rd revision like I did.  I would only recommend a surgeon who has a ton of success and experience in revisions and I would make sure they come accompanied with a complete program (great staff, great hospital, great aftercare, etc)

So, that means going to the list from www.dsfacts.com  Since one of those surgeon's is changing his cir****tances then he no longer fits in the above mentioned criteria as far as I am concerned (OOMV).

I went out of state!  You would find  the best surgeon to operate on your child or your mother.....why not for yourself?!

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have if you want to pm me!

Good luck!  Sometimes a bumpy journey leads us to amazing destinations!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Michele1az
on 5/23/12 5:30 am - Mesa, AZ
RNY on 08/26/13 with
Hi!

Can you tell me how your revision surgery went in California? I need a revision from band to DS and I am self-pay. Any thoughts are welcome.

Michele

Michele in Arizona

Surgery:8-26-13

JRinAZ
on 5/18/10 5:13 am - Layton, UT

P.S.  Bring your fam & friends in a few days to the Super WLS Seminar on Sat June 5th!  My revision surgeon from Southern CA will be speaking at noon and will address any questions as well as be offering mini personal consults.  He's the type that will guide you to the best with oodles of research and facts to go with....to help in your decision process.

You can find the details of the event on the AZ state forum.  It's a packed day full of WLS Rock Stars and it's FREE!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active