VBG to RNY revisiosion Dysthymic Disorder

kmbear
on 5/15/10 7:28 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Hello, I havent posted for awhile and I am working on my pre-op requirements and the psychologist letter says I have dysthymic disorder ( mild depression ) . Was wondering if this would cause me to be delayed for my revision?? Thank you for any help. Karen

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/10 11:30 am - Bayonne, NJ
Perhaps you can spin it that the problems from the vbg are making you depressed.
kmbear
on 5/16/10 4:48 pm - Coeur D Alene, ID
Thanks so much for your reply, I agree and think it is a great idea to let them know that my depression is from the VBG, which has been really hard on me. Not sure why, but the bariatric coordinator read the recommendations on the psychologist letter and thinks they meant to say I needed more appointments pre-surgery, but me and my hubby read the letter and it says post surgery twice on there, so waiting for monday to hear from the psychologist. Karen

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/10 8:38 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Definitely check with the psychologist. Mine indicated I had mild situational depression due to the ring part of rny - how could I not, with constant vomiting and weight gain (even though I was compliant)?

If the letter says post-surgery, not pre, then the psychologist is recommending surgery. Best of luck.
Most Active